Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 179 of 197 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 178 179 180 189 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1968

Thread: RAK Thank You!

Blog Entries
    Thanks y'all for the Anniversary wishes.

In the end we DID go to dinner at the Outback (my #1 favorite place)
    Louise - I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world . Also collect homemade pincushions, and sewing/quilting themed fabrics.

Blog Entries
    I received the most wonderful RAK from MRSAS11 (Angela) yesterday. Thank you so much!!! I had heard that a dear friend has been dealing with deep depression and that she wanted to "quit the fight", so your gift was at a great time and I smiled. The frog fabric reminded me of the verse Forever Relay on God and I needed it and so did my friend. The wonderful Dream pad, notebook and pens will go into my purse, because I am forever looking at books and need something to write my ideas done on. The M&M's well, they will go right to my hips, but they will be welcomed there by other treats. (Will post picture as soon as I find what I did with it.)

Thank you again - I truly believe we receive just when we need them the most.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Well, I think our little MRSAJ11 has been very busy because my mailbox was stuffed today too. Couldn't wait to open the package and I had a wonderful surprise. Angela sent four individual packets of coffee, M&M's, recipe cards with a card holder that will come in handy, 100 5" squares in the most beautiful pinks. Along with all of that a note pad to cover a small spiral binder WITH MY INITIALS on it. Pens and pencils are attached on the back. I really appreciate you thinking of me and I will be paying forward.
    Marilyn

Blog Entries
    O.k. some ztupid questions.
    How do you get peoplez addresses
    And
    how do you get on list
    When waz started, i think it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    O.k. some ztupid questions.
    How do you get peoplez addresses
    And
    how do you get on list
    When waz started, i think it's great.
    Lynnie, PM Quilty-Louise, she is the "host" and one who started this and she will get your info and get you set up. She sends out in email, a monthly, updated list w/everyone who participates, address and info. You must allow your address to be shared amongst the group (on the list) if you wish to be RAK'd. The thing about this is, you RAK whomever, whenever you want! When most of us send out a RAK we usually put a note or card in the RAK that says, "You've just been RAK'd!" Join and have fun!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    Name:  RAK gift from Angela 001.JPG
Views: 115
Size:  531.0 KBI found my picture. Thanks again to Angela.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Everyone's RAK's are wonderful..I've been a little lax on sending out some, sorry. I found out a couple weeks ago my son was moving to El Paso! That's a 12 hr drive from here so no chance I'll be visiting. I've been beyond blue!! He's been my rock for sooo long, it's just hard to comprehend. If I'm not crying, my mind is just rolling. When he returned from Kuwait in 2009 he had no place to go, so stayed with me, well time just moved on and he's been with me since. I am healthy so can make it on my own but sure gets lonely at night! ;o( He left last Sunday and it's just been awful this week. I have to force myself to do anything - but will keep going. It's just really difficult. I can tear up at the slightest thing - which makes me so mad!!! My grankids miss him so much, they think he walks on water (so to speak).. We're all hoping he'll miss us as much and come back, eventually.. He's always been the 'man' in my life since '73 when my DH passed.. so you can see why we miss him.

Well enuff babbling - I hope everyone with health issues gets better real soon. Great group here..

Hugs
    Jean

Blog Entries
    So sorry JEAN. HEY NOW YOU HAVE A VACATION HOME.
    i know how you feel, been there.maybe you can have him
    come visit youe every other week.
    Again, so sorry, we really miss our loved ones.
    and... please thank him for his service for me.

Got my RAK list - I'm one of the newbies on the list and now that I'm home from Atlanta (funeral for BIL), I'll be sure to start getting in the game here. I picked a number and counted down the list to that name - and she will be the first - for no other reason than her number matched the one I thought of. I love the fact that each of you think of the group as family and respond to that!! Love being a part of this group.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Cheer up Jean, Our daughter and her little family live in Alaska a 14 day drive for us. Our son in law is in the Airforce, so for now they are in Alaska. It's hard but it gets easier. hang in there and SKYPE often. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Page 179 of 197 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 178 179 180 189 ... LastLast