RAK Thank You!

Old 02-25-2012, 08:25 AM

I forgot to say that I mailed a little something to someone on Tuesday. I don't know how long it will take to get where it is going. It is going out of the USA.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:02 AM

In a box of sewing/quilting items from my mom there were some kits that are needlepoint or embroidery...some haven't been started, some have maybe a quarter of the piece done....anybody interested in them...I will never use them or finish them.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
In a box of sewing/quilting items from my mom there were some kits that are needlepoint or embroidery...some haven't been started, some have maybe a quarter of the piece done....anybody interested in them...I will never use them or finish them.
I would be if offer is still open Pm if so
Old 02-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Swap Hosts

I am so behind in posting pix and I really apologize. I got my camera out today and was ready to go and then .... couldn't find two of them!

Everything is more than a little upside down here since I started to do lace inventory. And then, to make matters worse (in terms of mess anyway) my future DIL, Jaunty Melissa is finally free from her lease and decided to move her bed here. In an attempt to get the box spring up the stairway in our teeny tiny cottage, lots of stuff was moved around and -- not naming names -- not put back!!! So double, triple, quadruple mess. *sigh* And, sadly, no matter what the terrible mess making trio (DH, DS and FDIL) did, it would not fit up the stairs and was tossed out. AND ... my son tossed his futon and frame out and it was picked up for scrap immediately so the new comfy mattress is on the floor. For now.

Anyway ... many thanks to our darling Greenini for the wonderful squishy chock full of delightful bias tape in holiday patterns (never knew they came like that!) and tons of selvage trimmings! I guess I'm going to have to make something wonderful from them! Thank you, sweetie.

And my other darling RAKers ... I will post as soon as I unearth! (If I live that long)
Attached Thumbnails rak-greenberg.jpg  
Old 02-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Banned

In the event that anyone might be interested I posted some
new bookmarks for Easter on my artfire studio.

http://aPassion4Sewing.artfire.com
Old 02-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Banned

K - I know what you mean.

In two weeks I will get my fabric room back to myself.
Meaning that my oldest daughter is FINALLY moving
her tush to her own apt.

Yes I am excited to be getting my fabric room back just
so that I can get about 9-14 bins of fabric moved out of
my sewing room (formerly known as dining room).

Last weekend my MIL and step FIL took hubs and I out
to dinner.
The MAIN topic they wanted to discuss with us was what
would it take for us to be able to buy a home (prefer a
Townhouse or larger condo). We told them that it would
take BOTH of us having steady full time jobs (hubs has it
I don't).

Mom than said that she and her sister is talking to the attorney
and the accountant to find out if there is anyway they can "break"
the trust from their mother's estate. IF that can be done than
my husband will be getting a sizable chuck (OVER 75k) enough
for a good down payment on a place.

I am keeping my fingers crossed so that we can move and
get into a bigger place with more room for me to set up all
my machines and stuff.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post

I am keeping my fingers crossed so that we can move and
get into a bigger place with more room for me to set up all
my machines and stuff.
Wouldn't that be wonderful. The only way my mom was able to buy her condo was with help from a great aunt. Those kind of gestures are beyond wonderful, I sure hope it works out for you, now is sure a buy's market.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Swap Hosts

Louise, prayers going up for you both. We bought our house with help from my aunt. If we had to do it today, we would never own our own home. The prices around here are insane. 20 years ago we bought it for $130,000. If we bought even three or four years before that, we could have gotten it for $60,000. It's value now is $480,000. It's a HUT! The house next door to us is very similar except that the front porch is enclosed as a room. A young yuppie couple bought it for $430,000 and then gutted most of it spending another $350,000. Then they put in a hot tub and bought an expensive boat. Then they got divorced. You have to wonder what people do for a living to have that sort of money flying around.
The mortgage on our hut is almost paid off. It is tiny, but it was fine when our son was little. It got tighter as he grew and tighter still with the addition of a FDIL. Hoping and praying that they will be in a financial position to move out before too long. And then ... I get my son's room for a studio!!!!
Old 02-26-2012, 01:34 PM

i didnt know bias tape came in patterns like that either. i sure could have used those christmasy colors when i was making loads of potholders for family christmas gifts last year.

good luck louise with your impending house purchase. i know i was house hunting before i got laid off 2+ years ago. i sure wish i had found something then as i was looking for a lot of house (2000+ sf) in a foreclosure. but i certainly didnt know i was gonna lose my job after 11 years with my employer. all things in due time. now is a good time to buy if you can find financing. i long for the day i to can get into another home. i need room to stretch out also, me and my feline boys.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:48 AM

I was just RAK'd by Louise, thank you Louise! I was surprised to get something because I knew I wasn't expecting anything. And of course, everything else will get used. Thanks again Louise, you're a doll!

WOW, sorry for the double post, dunno how that happened!
Attached Thumbnails raklouise1.jpg