Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Recommendations for quilt shops in/near Coeur d'Alene, ID? >

Recommendations for quilt shops in/near Coeur d'Alene, ID?

Recommendations for quilt shops in/near Coeur d'Alene, ID?

Old 06-14-2014, 10:18 AM

Default Recommendations for quilt shops in/near Coeur d'Alene, ID?

We'll soon be traveling to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Does anyone have any recommendations for quilt shops? We fly into Spokane and will probably spend a day there. Hubby doesn't mind driving, so any shops in the range of 35 miles would be do-able. Thanks for any help! Not that I need fabric, but it's fun to look! Oh, and any ideas for restaurants and fun things to see would be appreciated, too.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:47 AM

I will be watching this site as we are also traveling through this area next week
Old 06-15-2014, 05:12 AM

Bear Paw Quilt Shop. Wonderful selection, interior gorgeous, ladies very friendly and helpful. Allow yourself lots of time to browse...maybe hubby should bring a book. lol
Old 06-15-2014, 08:11 AM
Power Poster

We pass one when we head east toward Sandpoint. It's a bit out of town. I have stopped twice but don't know the name.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:53 AM

Linken is correct! Bear Paw is a great one! My daughter lives a block away so you KNOW where I head when visiting her? There is a lovely Hancock's on Government Way in CDA. No quilt shops in Sandpoint but there is a great Ben Franklin there (best selection of Moda Marbles ever!!) and one in Newport WA that have a great selection and a wonderful flat fold table with good prices. There are about 6-7 GREAT shops in Spokane WA area if you have the time and are headed that way. Do your own SHOP HOP..... You might want to put out an APB for Quilting Board members.. There are quite a few in and around CDA/Spokane area. I met up with several (6) for breakfast and the Spokane Quilt Show a few years ago. Great bunch of ladies! It's hard to meet a STRANGER when she's a quilter" lol ! And that is what we did ! laughed a lot..... Have a great time !! and drive safe!!
Old 06-15-2014, 01:41 PM

thank you for the info sounds like I can at least find one I love the shop hos but hub I driving so w'll seebu Iknow I wil a least get to one
Old 06-15-2014, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by borntoquilt View Post
Linken is correct! Bear Paw is a great one! My daughter lives a block away so you KNOW where I head when visiting her? There is a lovely Hancock's on Government Way in CDA. No quilt shops in Sandpoint but there is a great Ben Franklin there (best selection of Moda Marbles ever!!) and one in Newport WA that have a great selection and a wonderful flat fold table with good prices. There are about 6-7 GREAT shops in Spokane WA area if you have the time and are headed that way. Do your own SHOP HOP..... You might want to put out an APB for Quilting Board members.. There are quite a few in and around CDA/Spokane area. I met up with several (6) for breakfast and the Spokane Quilt Show a few years ago. Great bunch of ladies! It's hard to meet a STRANGER when she's a quilter" lol ! And that is what we did ! laughed a lot..... Have a great time !! and drive safe!!
Bear Paw definitely! I live 2 miles from there and attend classes whenever I can. Great bunch of ladies-very helpful and friendly. The owners are there serving the customers along with the employees. 2 wonderful ladies-Sandie and Katherine. They were voted one of the Ten Best Quilt Shops last year or the year before. They have a large banner hanging on the outside of the building that says that. As you travel north on Hwy 95 toward Sandpoint, just a few miles from the freeway, you will see a Fred Meyer on your left hand side (west side of the hwy) and Bear Paw is on the west side of FM parking lot in their own building. It consists of their shop, a yarn shop and I think a beauty salon. The combo is called Bear Paw Plaza, I think. As for Hancock Fabrics, I'm not sure if there was one on Government Way in the past but the only one I am aware of in Coeur d Alene now is on the east side of Hwy 95 going north toward Sandpoint a couple miles beyond Bear Paw. The city where HF is located is actually Hayden, but it is so close to CDA.
They are in a large shopping center that includes an Albertson's Grocery Store and they face the hwy.

If you are interested in shops in Spokane, there are several. I belong to a machine quilters' quild and we meet in the basement of The Quilting Bee located off of Pines Ave, south of the freeway and to the west of Pines (you can see it from Pines in a shopping center at the corner of Pines and Broadway, I think, is the cross street). Both Bear Paw and The Quilting Bee are Bernina dealers.

There are several scattered around Spokane. I only know the names of a few-A Heart Like Yours is the only one that comes to mind at the moment.

There is a book out called The Quilter's Companion that lists quilt shops nationwide. I just saw it on the counter at Bear Paw on Friday. That should help locate shops for you.

Hope that isn't overwhelming, but helpful.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:00 PM

Not overwhelming at all thank you very much sounds like if I only get one Bear Paw is it thanks
Old 06-15-2014, 05:08 PM

Thanks, everyone! Hubby is used to me going into shops. He asks the ladies where the car parts are! Some are confused and some get it that he has to entertain himself by being silly! Yes, we will probably go to Spokane and maybe as far to the east as Ellensburg...to meet up with our workaholic son for a few hours. I'm taking notes on all the information here and will have fun checking these places out. And woe to me...I'm on the QB thread about not buying fabric this year! Thank you for all the help! Knew you all would come through!
Old 06-15-2014, 08:41 PM

If you like country style quilts, stop at Buggy Barn at Reardon, west of Spokane!