Old 06-15-2014, 02:51 PM
Cornerstone quilter

Originally Posted by borntoquilt View Post
Linken is correct! Bear Paw is a great one! My daughter lives a block away so you KNOW where I head when visiting her? There is a lovely Hancock's on Government Way in CDA. No quilt shops in Sandpoint but there is a great Ben Franklin there (best selection of Moda Marbles ever!!) and one in Newport WA that have a great selection and a wonderful flat fold table with good prices. There are about 6-7 GREAT shops in Spokane WA area if you have the time and are headed that way. Do your own SHOP HOP..... You might want to put out an APB for Quilting Board members.. There are quite a few in and around CDA/Spokane area. I met up with several (6) for breakfast and the Spokane Quilt Show a few years ago. Great bunch of ladies! It's hard to meet a STRANGER when she's a quilter" lol ! And that is what we did ! laughed a lot..... Have a great time !! and drive safe!!
Bear Paw definitely! I live 2 miles from there and attend classes whenever I can. Great bunch of ladies-very helpful and friendly. The owners are there serving the customers along with the employees. 2 wonderful ladies-Sandie and Katherine. They were voted one of the Ten Best Quilt Shops last year or the year before. They have a large banner hanging on the outside of the building that says that. As you travel north on Hwy 95 toward Sandpoint, just a few miles from the freeway, you will see a Fred Meyer on your left hand side (west side of the hwy) and Bear Paw is on the west side of FM parking lot in their own building. It consists of their shop, a yarn shop and I think a beauty salon. The combo is called Bear Paw Plaza, I think. As for Hancock Fabrics, I'm not sure if there was one on Government Way in the past but the only one I am aware of in Coeur d Alene now is on the east side of Hwy 95 going north toward Sandpoint a couple miles beyond Bear Paw. The city where HF is located is actually Hayden, but it is so close to CDA.
They are in a large shopping center that includes an Albertson's Grocery Store and they face the hwy.

If you are interested in shops in Spokane, there are several. I belong to a machine quilters' quild and we meet in the basement of The Quilting Bee located off of Pines Ave, south of the freeway and to the west of Pines (you can see it from Pines in a shopping center at the corner of Pines and Broadway, I think, is the cross street). Both Bear Paw and The Quilting Bee are Bernina dealers.

There are several scattered around Spokane. I only know the names of a few-A Heart Like Yours is the only one that comes to mind at the moment.

There is a book out called The Quilter's Companion that lists quilt shops nationwide. I just saw it on the counter at Bear Paw on Friday. That should help locate shops for you.

Hope that isn't overwhelming, but helpful.