Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Remember the kits to make down jackets and comforters?

Years ago, before I was even close to being ready to tackle this kind of project, there was a catalog I got a few times a year. They sold kits of precut fabrics and all the stuffing and other stuff you'd need to make down jackets, comforters, sleeping bags, legwarmers, and probably bunches more. Can anybody remember the name of the company and know if they are still in business? Any info would be helpful!

Was it Frostline?

I think it was Frostline, out of Denver, CO but I think they are out of business. I made several of their items.

Yep! I made a parka and a vest I believe! I think it was "Gerry", not sure if they even make down parkas anymore! I think it was the same company that went on to make baby strollers too..............................(this is way back...............maybe40 years ago!?) I was also in colorado when I made mine!

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

This an ebay offering for vintage down booties from Frostline. You might check with some of the other on-line sale sites to see if they have anything.

Altra was the name of a company that made kits too. I made some down booties about 29 years ago as well as some other items from them

Was there also one named Holabar or something close to that?

Frostline, Gerry, Altra and something similar to Holabar...I'll Google them all and see what I come up with! Thanks so much, everyone!

It was "frostline", and I also made several coats and snow bibs. I still have one kit for a jacket that I have saved since highschool. That was nearly 30 years ago. Someday I will make it.

I too used to make kits from these companies. I did look for them the other day and all are GONE. Oh well... Those kits got a lot of kids through sewing class in home ec back then. (including me) LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast