Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Remember these Christmas Shows?

Smile Remember these Christmas Shows?

I got as a gift 8 DVD's of old TV Christmas shows. Remember - Meet Corliss Archer, Dear Phoebe, Scarlet Pimpernel, Annie Oakley, Robin Hood, Ossie and Harriett, Red Skelton, and all the other black and white shows? What were your favorites?

That sounds wonderful! I don't remember those specific TC Christmas specials but we always watched the Bob Hope specials and Andy Williams. We had a black & white TV until late 1968, so we didn't seen any color TV before that date.

I remember Annie Oakley, only saw it a few times and don't think I watched the whole show. I remember also Ozzie and Harriet, Red Shelton, Gracie Allen and George Burns, tons of others. Some of our cable stations still run them. We watched a couple of episodes of the Jack Benny Show tonight.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Loving life in the sun ! With sunscreen on of course ...
    Red Skelton for sure .. Jack Benny.. Dean Martin Show... hmmm too many to remember the names of !LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

We got a Red Skelton video several years ago and my daughter's reaction was, "who is that?"

Last night I watched a Lawrence Welk Christmas Show from mid'60's on a PBS station....I used to watch the show while growing up at my Grandparent's home.
    I actually enjoyed it....surprise! Just was too lazy to get up to change the channel.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Blog Entries
    Used to watch Sky King, My Friend Flicka, Captain Midnight, Roy Rogers show, Gene Autry show, Life of Riley, The Real McCoys, Wyatt Earp, lots of westerns.

My 28-year old son received a Sky King DVD from me. It is the name of the quilt I'm making for him that I didn't get done by Christmas. I told him to entertain himself with the DVD until I get the job done. He may have to play it a 100 times :-).

Am I the only one who remembers "Dear Phoebe"? I was very young and thought it was just the best show and dreamed of working on a newspaper just like the one on the show.