Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: tv shows ...new seasons and new shows

tv shows ...new seasons and new shows

How are you liking the fall TV season?
    I saw Bones last night...Part 1 had a sad ending.
    NCIS is my favorite but I thought the first episode of this season felt 'off'.
    Think I may get interested in the New Orleans one.
    Looking forward to Castle for some light entertainment. Also looking forward to Elementary.
    The Mentalist is getting stale...heard this will be the wrap-up season.
    Lost interest in CSI after Grissom left but starting to watch it again....sorry that Brass is leaving.
    Missed the first epi of Scorpion....need to find out what happened.
    What are your thoughts about the new season?

Blog Entries
    NCIS is my favorite but I thought the first episode of this season felt 'off'.
    Think I may get interested in the New Orleans one.

Don't watch any of the others you mention, but agree with you about the two NCIS show, alltho, NCIS has kinda felt "off" to me ever since Ziva left.
    Last edited by sandy l; 09-26-2014 at 03:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Like the original NCIS and the NO one. Not at all interested in the LA one. Castle should be fun. Really liked Madame Secretary. Scorpion didn't do anything for me. Really looking forward to Revenge starting up again on Sunday.

Like NCIS and NO, watched Mysteries of Laura and How to get away with Murder but both seem to be at such a fast pace that it is hard to keep up. They seemed jerky and jumped from one scene to another. Like SVU, Chicago Fire and Chicago PD. Looking forward to Blue Bloods tonight. Watched Blacklist Monday but sometimes you have to figure out for yourself what is going on.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

I can't remember the last time I watched any show on the major networks. I am enjoying Project Runway, Face-off and waiting patiently for Downton Abbey in January.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Since I don't control the remote I spend more time on my computer, reading my kindle or doing hand work than watching TV. My spouse likes to "channel up" every 15 minutes to see what else is on! Sounds like there will be some good programs on.

Blog Entries
    I don't think I will be able to watch NCIS if they continue to keep that blond girl who replaced Ziva's character. When she tries to make a serious face she frowns so much a deep line forms over her nose and her bottom lip is pushed up toward her nose. All right, all ready. serious. i get it. But can't stand watching her do that. I do hope they change her out soon. I will miss that show.

I like NCIS a lot, I'm okay with NCIS LA but don't go out of my way to watch, and I was put off NCIS NO from the episode last spring when it started out with the main guy doing some weird role-playing thing with his ex-wife who didn't seem to even like him. What a change from Leroy Jethro Gibbs – all his exes still want him and you wouldn't catch him role-playing!
    People who start projects and never finish them are cooler
    than people who never start projects at all.

http://quiltingquick.weebly.com/blog.html

I like all the shows mentioned! I watch too much TV. And am loving the STARZ Outlander series!

I like NCIS, but truth be known I am a big David McCallum fan and Mark Harmon - so as long as they are in it I will watch it.
    My DH and I were very upset over BONES. We will keep watching it for now, but that is a major downer. We had to find something uplifting after to watch.
    We love the BIG BANG THEORY - it looks like another good year.
    I gave up on SVU - I love a hero and they seem to be trying to go after the good guys all the time and even if that may be a reality - I just need to have the good guys win and it seems that hasn't been happening there.
    Looking forward to CASTLE and ELEMENTARY.
    Also enjoyed FOREVER, since they have one of the squints from BONES and an attorney from LAW & ORDER, it just feels right. I will give it a while but think it is going to be a regular for me.
    I will watch the last season of the MENTALIST so see how they end it - but agree it has been stale and maybe should have ended a year or two ago.
    Okay - I do watch too much TV. It is on when I sew and when I am on the computer. (My mom said it was because I was a Gemini that I always have to do at least 2 things at once, but now I believe they call it AADD. What drives my DH crazy is when I am reading and watching TV at the same time. My girls don't do it either. But for me, if you don't multi-task not enough gets done.)

Blog Entries
    loved NCIS: LA great
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I got hooked on The Walking Dead. LOL I never thought I would like it but the acting is terrific and it's not about the zombies. I watch Justified, Fargo, and American Horror Story. Downton Abbey, Doc Martin, Father Brown, most all the BBC shows. I like a few of the sitcoms for fun, The Middle, Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, and The Goldbergs.

Oh, I forgot about Face Off. It's good.
    Last edited by Onebyone; 09-26-2014 at 09:45 AM.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

WOW!!!!! Bones left my husband and I dumb struck..... never in a million years saw that one coming. Anyone know the reason why? I agree with all of you about NCIS, the season opener was kind of a yawner. Really miss Ziva, don't care for the "new girl" at all.... didn't really like Kate, or whatever her name was, either..... Ziva was the best. Maybe, with enough fan reaction, the powers that be will be willing to loosen up the purse strings a bit and make her an offer she can't refuse so she comes back to the show. We thought that Mysteries of Laura was kind of a cute show.... time will tell on that one. I'm beginning to think that it's going to be another awful year for TV viewing though.

I was looking forward only to one new show. "Black-ish" on ABC is really funny. The children are very good and at least in the first episode they aren't too "cute", they're like real kids.

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    I don't think I will be able to watch NCIS if they continue to keep that blond girl who replaced Ziva's character. When she tries to make a serious face she frowns so much a deep line forms over her nose and her bottom lip is pushed up toward her nose. All right, all ready. serious. i get it. But can't stand watching her do that. I do hope they change her out soon. I will miss that show.
    I agree, the blond is a sore spot on the show. She just doesn't have the zing the show is known for.
    Deb Watkins - I woke up today on the right side of dirt. It is a good day.

[

Okay - I do watch too much TV. It is on when I sew and when I am on the computer. (My mom said it was because I was a Gemini that I always have to do at least 2 things at once, but now I believe they call it AADD. What drives my DH crazy is when I am reading and watching TV at the same time. My girls don't do it either. But for me, if you don't multi-task not enough gets done.)[/QUOTE]

quiltingcandy, I am exactly the same way and I am a Gemini too! Moms know best....

I was a little disappointed at "How to get a away with murder". I had trouble following it, and trying to figure out what was real and it they were imagining it. I thought it was because it was so late. I'll give it one more week.
    Bone was a very sad event.

I wasn't able to watch much tv last week because of out of town guests so I had to catch up via XFinity On Demand. I didn't see a season opener for NCIS although I looked for it. Guess I'll look again. I don't care for that blonde, either, but I love the rest of the cast. I really like Chicago P.D. and Fire. Can't miss The Good Wife. Hawaii Five-O I like although it took me some time to get into it. It has taken awhile but I've begun to like NCIS LA. I watched NCIS NO and it was okay. I really like Scott Baccula so I will definitely give this a chance.
    Love Big Bang but usually just watch their re-runs. Have never cared for the CSI shows or Bones.
    I'm an ardent follower of Suits, White Collar, Graceland, and Covert Affairs.
    I watch too much tv So much of it is on too late at night for me so I use On Demand to watch at a more convenient time.
    It is only a summer event but my all time favorite show is "So You Think You Can Dance". I love the variety and never cease to be amazed at the talent of these young dancers.
    Pat

Blog Entries
    We've been recording most of them and I have no idea when we'll watch. Why? We've become addicted to a Korean soap opera! No, we don't speak Korean. There are subtitles. We discovered one series by accident and when it ended my husband (!!!) came across another one. They run M-F for 90 minutes. Our friends and family think we've lost our minds.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

We watch or DVR most of the shows mentioned, but no one mentioned Blacklist. Best show on TV for us!

Ziva from NCIS is getting her own show, but I don't know when.

We got a new TiVo and apparently I put some shows on season pass but they were accidently put on reruns !! So I missed 3 of my favorite shows. I love Nashville and didn't get to see it as well as Blue Bloods and CSI. So I guess I will have to watch them on my laptop sometime this coming week. So much drama in TV. We have been watching Breaking Bad through Netflix and I am interested in how their house stays so spotless and inviting when no-one is ever home cleaning !

I don't watch a lot of TV but I love Criminal Minds and the original NCIS (although I miss Ziva). Downton Abbey is also a favorite. I also watch Person of Interest although I've lost some interest there and I like the show Reign. I had stopped watching Bones but had caught up on hulu during lunch at work. I watched the first episode and was disappointed that they killed off my favorite character. I used to watch Homeland on Showtime - was a die hard Dexter fan but had cancelled Showtime after Dexter ended - couldn't see subscribing and paying $15 a month for just 1 show when I could purchase the season dvds for less than the subscription fee. Just resubscribed when offered a $6.95 for 12 month deal with a $50 rebate after 6 months - no obligation after 6 months. I don't mind paying $1.95 a month ;-) After that, it may be cancelled again! Oh! I had forgotten The Walking Dead - my grandson got me hooked on that one last season! I DVR all of my shows because I can never remember when they come on and I love skipping through the millions of commercials!
    Last edited by kydeb; 09-27-2014 at 07:22 AM.
    Debbie in Kentucky
    kydeb.wordpress.com

I've watched Scorpion, Gotham and How to get away with Murder and liked them all

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I watch the intros (first 10 minutes) of the shows when most of the characters have basically been introduced. Then bet with DH who killed who. I grab my hand sewing and work on that (hexies and yo yos) and some needle turn. Sometimes I debone a shirt or pair of jeans. Whatever the mood. I like to watch the comedies like Big Bang and Mike and Molly. I can do without Modern Family and he Goldbergs and Millers. I have to say I do like the new Scorpion and Mysteries of Laura with Debra Messing. Really don't watch much more than that. TV is mainly on just for background noise to keep dogs from barking at every little noise. I swear they can hear mice do their business.

Blog Entries
    I could not make heads or tails out of NCIS- hopefully it was a fluke. I do like the New Orleans one but I think the LA one should have aired the same night.Scorpio is going to be a good show. Bones is always good, but I cried at the ending. I watched Hawaii 5 0 last night and it was really good. Their season is going to be a 'don't miss an episode' season. I like CSI but I rarely catch it. I missed Big Bang's, new show. But most of the time the TV is on its on the Disney channel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast