Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: tv shows ...new seasons and new shows

NCIS and NCIS New Orleans were great! The Mentalist got cancelled. Person of Interest, The Good Wife, great start tot he season. I am most looking forward to Once Upon a Time and Criminal Minds. Scorpion was very good. We missed Madame Secretary but want to watch that one, too.
    Who needs therapy? I quilt!

Quote Originally Posted by Tudey View Post
    NCIS and NCIS New Orleans were great! The Mentalist got cancelled. Person of Interest, The Good Wife, great start tot he season. I am most looking forward to Once Upon a Time and Criminal Minds. Scorpion was very good. We missed Madame Secretary but want to watch that one, too.
    Thank you for clarifying that "The Mentalist" got cancelled! I thought I had missed it somewhere this past week lol I usually record all my favorite shows because I hate commercials I love NCIS, NCIS LA and have not watched NCIS NO but have it taped. ALso love Bones (what a clincher!), SVU, CSI, Criminal Minds and the Big Bang Theory. The Mysteries of Laura seems funny so I might have to start watching it. This week I also taped Forever, Gotham and How to get away with Murder. Will give those a try as well. I tend to watch TV in the afternoons/evenings while either doing redwork or binding.

Changing channels every few minutes must be a male thing. I don't watch tv with my hubby. He watches nothing but sports. I don't like sports unless I have a family member participating. The channel up thing drives me nuts.

My husband and I watch Sons of Anarchy and Game of Thrones, Falling Skies together. And I record Boardwalk Empire, Chopped, Dinner Impossible as well as Restaurant Impossible to watch in my sewing room. I recorded Legends from TNT it stars Sean Bean formally of Game of Thrones but I haven't watched it yet.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Love David and Mark on NCIS. Don't care for Ziva's replacement. Waiting for Downton Abbey. I often stay tuned to TVland

I hate NCIS ever since Ziva left, It's just not the same

Thanks for all the reviews on the new season return/ new programs.......missed most, but trying to get caught up via on demand......now afraid to watch bones....did watch and don't like NCIS-NO, and HOw to Get-Murder....have you noticed the new way of filming...jumping from scene to scene, face to face, so fast it sometimes makes one dizzy....also some of this ". Background music" is overwhelmingly loud! Do you hear music when you talk?????? I am more into drama, decent funny! comedy, mystery...really think these "reality" shows are sooo phoney.......found and like Outlander too!

Last night, I watched 2 epis of Forever. Think this is one I will continue to watch.

Blog Entries
    Like most of the shows mentioned. Love the mysteries of Laura, but she's good in most things. Scorpion is great too, followed by the Dome which I've been hooked on since first show. Resurrection is coming back on tonight, love it too. NCIS NO was really good. They moved Biggest Loser (which I love) to Thursday which is when Project Runway is on, thank goodness Lifetime plays it twice and its easy to catch up on. I've been a fan of Castle as well, liked watching Castle when he was a young teen on One life to live. Madame Sec. was good as well. I think there are alot of new shows coming on that will be good which means I'll be watching some on my pc to stay caught up since they'll play opposite of the others that I like. I'm so happy that alot of the "reality TV" shows are going away. I don't know who's reality its supposed to be but not mine. I do like Biggest Loser, I relate to them because its true to life and I've been down that battle and its hard to overcome and maintain. I do like Duck Dynasty too but only watch it once in a while.
    Judy

Quote Originally Posted by granny64 View Post
    Changing channels every few minutes must be a male thing. I don't watch tv with my hubby. He watches nothing but sports. I don't like sports unless I have a family member participating. The channel up thing drives me nuts.
    I have a BIL like that so I've learned not to get involved in shows when I'm visiting with them. I just tell myself I can catch up when I get back home. Thank goodness for On Demand.
    Pat

Blog Entries
    Want to fix those quick changing channels men. Buy another cheap remote and set it to the TV. Then when the men start channel surfing, you (with your remote secretly by your side) start changing them when they pause on a channel. I used to do that to my ex, it would drive him crazy, especially the first few times when he didn't know it was me doing it. They rarely even leave it on a channel long enough to see what is on and then complain there is nothing on. I'd tell him at least wait until the commercial ends so you know whats on. Trust me, its a lot of fun and you can buy those programmable remotes at the dollar store.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    Outlander is good. The Knick is addictive and somewhat thought provoking. To think that medicine has progressed so far in only a few short years. Masterpiece is always an awesome watch, no matter the subject. Lots of good new shows. Thank goodness. Do not watch any of the sitcoms, with canned laughter. Can't really stand that, sorry.

NCIS is my favorite, second is Blue Bloods, I liked Mysteries of Laura, it had some funny moments.

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    I don't think I will be able to watch NCIS if they continue to keep that blond girl who replaced Ziva's character. When she tries to make a serious face she frowns so much a deep line forms over her nose and her bottom lip is pushed up toward her nose. All right, all ready. serious. i get it. But can't stand watching her do that. I do hope they change her out soon. I will miss that show.
    I absolutely can't stand her and think she adds nothing to the show. Hope they see the errors of their ways and get rid of her soon.
    Jocar1018

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
    I like all the shows mentioned! I watch too much TV. And am loving the STARZ Outlander series!
    I am too, but disappointed that they only did 8 episodes and we have to wait until April for the next 8 episodes for the first book. I am canceling my Starz until April. No point paying for a premium when I wont watch it.
    Jean in MI

We were very upset about the end of BONES so I did some searching and according to the head guy, the actor that plays Sweets is in the middle of something and wanted out of his contract. It was not planned - they were not sure how to handle it. But the actor has a lot on his plate and so it was mostly his decision. The buy interviewed did say they have a huge surprise for their 200th show - so I am really looking forward to that.

I did not see that the Mentalist was cancelled - only that it wasn't starting yet. This is to be their last year though.

NCIS has always been my most favorite show. Not anymore! I also don't care for the blonde. She adds nothing to the show and there is no chemistry with her and the other actors. NO lead man turns me off. No go there! I love Bones and was sorry to see Sweets leave. Waiting to find out what happens there with Daisy pregnant. I have watched Forever a couple of times and I think it may be good. CSI Vegas should have been taken off and New York CSI left on. When Grissom left, I too was done with it.

DH and I liked the Big Bang Theory and Scorpion. Still need to watch the new NCIS and NCIS:NO. I watched Bones, not sure about it.

I watched the first episode of the new season 5 of Downton Abbey on You Tube and it's GOOD!!!!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Yes, lookin' forward to Castle...who caused the accident? Coulda been sooo many. I need there to be some happiness and closure on their relationship. I stopped watching Bones b/c the relationship was years in the making and so am about ready to do that to Castle. Get 'em married and move on to another story line. I am ready for another kidnapping when they bring in Castle's Dad. Also, would like to see relationships for Martha and Javi and Lanie. Liked "Forever" but reminds me of Castle a little bit. Liked CSI NO--first one I've ever watched. Also, Scorpion-Catherine McPhee knocked it outta the park and she can sing too! YES... will January ever get here for Downton Abbey!?

Was surprised at Bones ending but will keep watching it. Like Person of Interest, NY Blue Bloods, CSI LA, Hawaii 5-O, Masterpiece, Father Brown (nothing but reruns now) mostly. Waiting for Downton Abbey. Scorpion little far-fetched but hope it improves. DH has the remote from 7-9 with the News and/or sports. Yuck! I hate sports of any kind. Sorry sports fans... Have to clean the kitchen at some point so do that while he has the TV. He changes channels like crazy as well as other hubbies. I get the remote around 9-10 PM. I, too, am a Gemini and am reading, sewing, organizing sewing projects, looking at magazines, surfing, on the QB, etc., while DH has the remote.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2