Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Seasons Wallhanging and a Rabbit Vacumn Cleaner cover (UFOs)

Seasons Wallhanging and a Rabbit Vacumn Cleaner cover (UFOs)

Well, the blocks in the wallhanging started back in 2005-6. Designs from Embroidery Library. Decided to make them into a wallhanging and with all those colors decided to make a patchwork border using 2.5 squares. Thought I'd need lots so cut a lot. Think I ended up cutting around 400...........way too many I know. Quilted it on my frame and 1 UFO finished. Then thought what to do with all these extra 2.5 squares. Had started a vacumn cleaner cover back about the same time and then put it away. Back then I had a Kirby for it, now I don't. Anyway, decided to get it out and finish it but found out I'd cut the apron pattern wrong and couldn't find anymore of that particular fabric so used what I could of the piece cut incorrectly, found some tone on tone white that looked okay to go with it and made panels for the skirt part of it. Didn't like all those seams so used a fancy stitch on my machine to cover them up. Then decided to add a medillion design on the bib and down the center of the apron. Can you see where this is going. One thing led to another. Anyway, still had all those 2.5 squares so decided to use them on the skirt of the dress so used up a ton of them for that. Then once it way all done I gave it to my sister to put a face on it. She used a hot pink felt for the nose which I'm not crazy about but this will go to my sister anyway so as long as she likes it that's all that matters. Anyway, the dress and skirt became so heavy that it would pull down on the arms of the rabbit so had to come up with an idea how to keep it up. Got a skirt hanger, plastic and pinned the hanging section under the bonnet with a hat pin. Problem pretty much solved and another UFO off my list. Now I don't have any old UFOs left to work on.............just new UFOs..............

Let me know what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

Blog Entries
    both nicely done
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Cute!! She is really nice..I just sent my Grandson and his wife to be a toilet plunger cover elephant, don't know where the patterns for rabbit or elephant cover went but they are fun! I am working on ufo's.. I have so many I don't think I'll ever get them all done! I finished two large quilts last week and finished binding 7 16" sq mats I had quilted a few years ago..making progress so I am pleased!

Both are very cute and nicely done!! You certainly have the "stick to it" gene! My ufo's are nicely scattered throughout the house so I don't get too overwhelmed by seeing them all at once....

Very cute. I love both of them!!

both are very cute i remember those vacuum cleaner covers but they were raggedy ann type face great idea for 2 1/2 sqrs. i just got finish going through my stash i cut and saved a lot of 2 1/2 sqrs. now what to do with them lol.
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way.
    Virginia Woolf

Power Poster
    ​Pretty quilt and cute rabbit!

Cute, cute, cute. Love the story and history behind each piece. Kudos for your finishing these oldie, but goodies.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Cute rabbit and very lovely quilt. Love them both

I remember the vacuum covers. I saw some with a mouse. Very cute wall hanging.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Very nice.

Very cute!

oh my, I made that bunny several years ago; also made a girl and cow ones!
    Lynn

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Too cute. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

cute projects

Blog Entries
    oh that is adorable. i made a rabbit vacuum cover probably 20 years ago i think. My neighbor ended up wanting it. Good job!!