Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Rhymer - Quilting Waits While We Renovate >

Rhymer - Quilting Waits While We Renovate

Rhymer - Quilting Waits While We Renovate

Old 07-22-2010, 06:10 AM

sewing is very thearpautic for me and right now I really need to just sit down and get lost in a quilt and I can't!! we are putting a 600sq foot addition on to our house and my sewing room has become the "stash so it doesn't get broken during the renovation room" and I can't even see my machine!! LOL! all I want to do is sit down and make a buzz lightyear quilt for my adorable 2 yr old son who adores buzz.....but I have no work space...and everything is full of sheet rock dust......but one day soon I will have a much bigger space to live in and I will be happier....but no quilting will have been done in the mean time! sad!! thanks for listening! :)
Old 07-22-2010, 06:17 AM
Power Poster

Bummer!!! Get your fix on this board or at the fabric shop :D
Old 07-22-2010, 06:41 AM

'Sounds like a good time to hone your hand piecing skills. Find yourself a portable new project, cut it out, put it in baggies and keep a baggy handy. Try something you've always admired but never done. I personally carry some applique project around with me for moments of boredom. (Waiting rooms, etc.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:44 AM

Rymer, stay focused on the goal!! Just think of the day when you vacuum up the last bit of dust, everything is back in order, and you will have so much more space!! I've been there, done that, so I really know your pain. It will be worth it!! :thumbup:
Old 07-22-2010, 06:45 AM

Take your machine out, your tools, fabrics and thread put them in the car and drive away! Just kidding, it can't be fun having all that mess in your house. Anyway you could set your machine outside on a nice patio? How about going to the LQS? My LQS has a project night you could get a 'fix' there. Hang in there
Old 07-22-2010, 06:47 AM

big {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}! We have been adding on to our house for 5 years....yep 5 years. All that's left is tiling a shower, siding, a small section of roofing, and a small back deck. I know your pain! Dh one day said something about one day selling this place and building a new house....I just looked at him and said no! We can have someone else build it but never again will "we" do it! Oh and I am enjoying my little 9x9 sewing area because of the addition...before that I had to set up on the kitchen table....which meant not much sewing got done!
Old 07-22-2010, 06:50 AM

We have had our house up for sale for 4 months. I have had to keep it show room ready in case we get a showing. That includes my sewing room it has been a nightmare. I haven't really been able to do much of anything because you never know when the house will have to be ready.

But just keep thinking like I am it will be over someday and then you will have more room. I keep thinking about my new sewing room and that keeps me going. Keep your chin up
Old 07-22-2010, 06:57 AM

One of my good friends is a remodel contractor. He has his clients sign a paper acknowledging that they have been advised how stressful remodeling is, that it can lead to marriage problems, etc.!
Good luck to you & remember, it will be done & everything will be wonderful! :D
Old 07-22-2010, 07:02 AM

Good luck - it will be worth it in the end! I just got through an attic renovation and we're just about to start another renovation... But our "overflow" area for stuff is my bedroom - I will NOT give up my sewing room for anything! LOL!

It was the only thing keeping me sane during the other renovation work.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:32 AM

You will make it in the room soon! Just keep telling yourself that and soon enough it will happen!

In the very near future we will be starting our own construction! Thank goodness my dining room doubles as a sewing room. Four hours a night of nothing in a house all alone not being able to sew I would surely pull my hair out. lol