Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Rhymer - Quilting Waits While We Renovate >

Rhymer - Quilting Waits While We Renovate

Rhymer - Quilting Waits While We Renovate

Old 07-22-2010, 09:05 AM

Can I come live in your 600 Sqft addition when it's done? That is bigger than my whole house! :)
It'll be worth the wait! You can never have too much space. :)
Old 07-22-2010, 09:07 AM

Been there and done that! Hang in there.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:22 AM

Do some hand piecing or make yo yo's! How about Grandmothers Flower garden blocks??? Just grab some scraps and get going while you watch the carpenters work!!! And if you are lucky, they are cute!
Old 07-22-2010, 09:53 AM
Power Poster

that must be the reason i haven't done much quilting. my sewing room is a mess!! of my own making though.
i've been cleaning out plastic tubs and more. magazines go next. when i have more energy.
then back to quilting.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Power Poster

I'm in the middle of a house redo too! I said my sewing room was off limits to anything being stored there during this time. DH rented a pod so everything that needed to be out of the way had a place to go. I told DH I like my sewing room just as it is so no need to redo it. (I'll have it repainted later when the rest of the house is in order.)
Old 07-22-2010, 10:54 AM

I can relate . I had similiar conditions ..... I started to crave just touching textiles.... cutting ... hear the machine....I had this overwhelming need to take my rotary cutter to something.. ( yes I do mean textiles).
Old 07-22-2010, 04:23 PM

I like the hand piecing suggestion and second it. You will be surprised at how soothing hand piecing and hand quilting can be. You can "kill two birds with one stone". You can make the quilt and ease your stress. Best wishes and HUGS to you.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:17 PM

I've been there! My husband decided to redo our kitchen about 20 years ago. Now he is in heaven, and I am still living with a kitchen that isn't quite 'done'.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:49 PM
Kas

Originally Posted by kristen0112
Take your machine out, your tools, fabrics and thread put them in the car and drive away! Just kidding, it can't be fun having all that mess in your house. Anyway you could set your machine outside on a nice patio? How about going to the LQS? My LQS has a project night you could get a 'fix' there. Hang in there
Do get your machine out of the house or put it in a plastic bag that is tied shut! We did a remodel of the same size and I still have drywall dust two years later! We moved into a townhouse while the work was being done since we had to cut power to the house for two months. I took my machine with me, but when we moved back in, I set it up with a quilted cover over it. A month later when I went to finally sew, the thing was covered in gritty dust! It had seeped through the cover. I freaked out and took it to my dealer to be cleaned before I even thought about sewing. Then I left it in the sealed bag they put it into. I want to shoot my husband when he says he wants to expand the kitche six feet. No way. I will live with a small kitchen before I go through that again! But I do so love my new bathroom!

I'm in the closet shooting this. Those floors are heated! DH did it himself. The heating part, that is!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72613[/ATTACH]

How you get into the shower.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72614[/ATTACH]

I love my tub. I'm not the only one! I can actually soak up to my chin without having to stick my legs in the air!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72615[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-72608.jpe   attachment-72609.jpe   attachment-72610.jpe  
Old 07-23-2010, 02:36 AM
tmg

Just think of all the fun you will have when its all done. That's what I;m having to do. I gave up my sewing room so my girls could have their own rooms :( Well it was done out of love. Now I have just the kitchen table to work on.