Is this a scam?

Old 09-03-2012, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
Why would any company have their employees accept payments for them??? That is just crazy and is indeed a scam.
Scam-keep some money and forward the rest-then the check bounces.I have a friend who fell for one like this.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:19 PM

Thanks, all, I thought it was scammy. The email did have the company name, and do there is a nice website, but websites are easy to come by. We will look elsewhere.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:41 PM

Yes, it is.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:41 PM

Remember there are no free lunches. If it sounds to good to be true, than mostly it is not true. My first thought would be scam. Be very careful of so called work-at-home ads on line or in the newspaper.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:44 PM

SCAM! They are setting your daughter up to do their dirty work. Run!
Old 09-03-2012, 05:54 PM

oh, boy--this is, indeed, a scam. i'm adding my vote to the others. first, the "english" in this is stilted and incorrect in many spots. if it was a reputable business, there would be someone with some linguistic skill involved in this. second, it involves the exchange of money. it will require some kind of banking situation, and once they have you create an account (using your/your daughter's name), they will use that account to move funds. by having your name on it, you are liable for any shortages, bad checks, etc. you are not immune from prosecution, because it's your name and social security number on the account--not the "business" you are "collecting" for. if the "company" seems to be legit, it might be something as simple as money laundering--something the owner of the account (you/her) would be liable for. please, please, please don't allow your daughter to get involved. i, too, have a daughter who really wants to work from home--that wish drives some of the biggest scams in the country, because moms want to be with their kids. it is extremely difficult to find legit "work at home" situations. even the "make these for us and well buy them back from you" schemes are just that--schemes. they don't have to pay the worker unless the product meets their standards--and they can make them nigh unto impossible to meet, while still demanding the return of their supplies, which are by them--you guessed--goods, ready for them to sell.

good luck to you, and to your daughter--it is hard to find the right thing--just be sure to check with the state you live in--the attorney general's office is the best place to start. and the better business bureau is not 100% reliable, either--they only lodge complaints, and have no clout to use against anybody that is registered with them. all that takes is a registration fee. any business can do that. there are no "standards" that have to be met, and there is no cross checking from business owner to business owner. they can switch names in a heartbeat. again--good luck. the world is full of people ready to grab any $$$ they can.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:10 AM

In a word.YES The only one making money is the company you have to send money to.