Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scorching Summer Heat

Hard to think of warm places when I am sitting here wraped up on a balnket on the PC. I hope you do not get any fires, they seem the most scary of all natural desasters and most of them are from carelessness of humans I am sure. Be safe. Take care.

Blog Entries
    Fires are dreadful, and they are not always caused by carelessness. Some bush fires are deliberately lit and I for the life of me don't understand the thrill firebugs get by lighting life threatening fires.

Yep we in WA have just had ten days with temps over 39C and up to 45 (113F). The nights are worse when it does not cool down 25C (77F). We live in the hills of Perth and know the fires or threats of fires are the worse and my thoughts are with you all.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Holy Moly!!! 45 celcius = 113 fahrenheit!! Amazing!!! And grossly uncomfortable.

Be safe!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Blog Entries
    Ouch.. that's HOT!!!! take care!!
    "... let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

Blog Entries
    To our friends in Tasmania have been watching the news on the fires in your State, our love and prayers are with you

agree with alwayslearning .... I have to remember body temp is around 37 degrees C. so 45 degrees C is over 100 degrees F. That is way too warm for anybody. The heat the US suffered last summer seems to have moved to southern hemisphere. Weather is abnormal everywhere!
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

I just spent the last week in Missouri (9* to 25* Fahrenheit - wind chill 0* to 15*). I returned to my previously cold winter (41* to 57* Fahrenheit) near San Francisco and realized it's really summer here.

Blog Entries
    My thoughts are with you. We lived in SA twice. DH was in the Airforce. I remember writing to my folks back here in QLD that I knew what the end of the Earth would look like, 40 odd degrees, a howling wind and red sand straight off the desert. We were in Gawler in 2004 when it was 45 degrees (in a caravan). We were traveling back from WA.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sampson001 View Post
    To our friends in Tasmania have been watching the news on the fires in your State, our love and prayers are with you
    It was heart breaking to see a town wiped out. I remember the Adelaide fires of '83. We lived at Elizabeth then. I also remember the terrible fires in Tassie in '67. A fire ball is something I have never had to face personally and hope I never do. I can remember in '83 seeing one on TV. It ran up a hill, dance along the ridge the ran back down to a valley. One of the most frightening things I've ever seen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast