Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Searching for Someone on Board

  1. #1
    Super Member Momma_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dayton, TN. but hometown is Rockford IL.
    Posts
    1,560
    Hey, Ok this may sound a little off but, I'm wondering if it's permissible to search for someone in the board? It's my cousin and I know she's an avid quilter but I don't know how to get in touch with her. I have a feeling she would be active here, if so then I know I can find her. I won't give any details in case it's a no no to do this. If I can do this then I'll give name and state.
    Can someone help me on this? :roll: :lol:

  2. #2
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,113
    Blog Entries
    1
    I don't think it is against the rules... but really in order to do this, wouldn't you have to put a lot of personal info here in order for her to know who you are?
    I am thinking that might not be safe... anyone in the world could read it.. just saying :D:D:D

  3. #3
    Super Member Momma_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dayton, TN. but hometown is Rockford IL.
    Posts
    1,560
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    I don't think it is against the rules... but really in order to do this, wouldn't you have to put a lot of personal info here in order for her to know who you are?
    I am thinking that might not be safe... anyone in the world could read it.. just saying :D:D:D
    Ya know I never thought of that, but if I just tell her it's Kasper...she should know. I don't know, I may just see if my mother has her address. Thanks for your thoughts. I told my husband, "When I don't think, you have to!" Ha!

  4. #4
    Super Member Gwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brigham City, UT
    Posts
    1,909
    Perhaps you could relate a funny story or family joke that she would recognize as you. Be really careful about giving information or pictures.

  5. #5
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,825
    I'd think you could just put in "looking for my cousin, Jane. Used to live in Timbucktoo. signed: Kathy. If there's a Jane that lived in Timbucktoo that has a cousin Kathy on the board - she'd respond. It wouldn't be giving up too much info! Good luck!

  6. #6
    Power Poster Sadiemae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    11,365
    Blog Entries
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    I'd think you could just put in "looking for my cousin, Jane. Used to live in Timbucktoo. signed: Kathy. If there's a Jane that lived in Timbucktoo that has a cousin Kathy on the board - she'd respond. It wouldn't be giving up too much info! Good luck!
    I think this would be a good idea. I am really careful and I don't post my personal info, but a first name and town would even be okay with me.

  7. #7
    Super Member Momma_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dayton, TN. but hometown is Rockford IL.
    Posts
    1,560
    You all are great! I'm headed to bed now but will try to think of the right words. Quilting is her passion, she's a retired nurse and has nothing else to do.

    Thanks again Ladies...I appreciate you all. :wink:

  8. #8
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    13,228
    Maybe you could go to the header and press User List. You can check by state also.

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,232
    Hope you find each other.

  10. #10
    Super Member SuziC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    3,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Momma_K
    You all are great! I'm headed to bed now but will try to think of the right words. Quilting is her passion, she's a retired nurse and has nothing else to do.

    Thanks again Ladies...I appreciate you all. :wink:
    I wish you all the luck in finding her!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.