Self cleaning litter box

Old 10-02-2014, 08:13 AM

Our cat "Timmy" has a Litter Robot he uses. Most cats may be afraid of it but he seems ok with it. We had to get something the dog would stay out of, and also one that would work for him as he is pretty messy.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
Do you have one? Which brand?

Does Kitty like it?

Does Kitty refuse to use it or goes potty elsewhere because of it?

Is it noisy enough to scare the "pants" off kitty?

We are thinking of getting one for Miss Kola.
I have a self cleaning litter box. It's called the woods. HaHa
Old 10-02-2014, 02:30 PM

I had 5 cats (yes, at the same time). After a few years one of them started spraying or urinating outside the litter box. Used all kinds of odor removers. What actually worked on getting cat to stop doing that: Bought 2 of those metal tea leaf holders (that you use instead of tea bags), saturated cotton balls with lemon juice, put them into the tea balls and left the tea balls in the offending spots. I couldn't believe it worked, but it did. Only 're-juiced' them about once a week for 3 weeks. Miracle!
Old 10-02-2014, 02:41 PM
Power Poster

When I had a cat I was told she was litter box trained also. Turns out she was also used to going outside. So when her box was just a little fuller than she liked or she would get upset with me, she would do it where ever sh wanted. I cleaned her box out in the morning before leaving for work and as soon as I got home. Gave her to my Aunt who had a farm. She did the same thing to my aunt so she became a barn cat. No more cats after that
Originally Posted by MaggieLou View Post
I've thought about getting one but wasn't sure how good they worked. Cost is another factor. I'm still trying to get my two to use the litter boxes all the time. Any suggestions?? They were supposed to be box trained when we got them but after two years they still don't use it all the time.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:32 PM

Have you tried different brands of litter? sometimes they are picky about the feel of the litter on their feet. Maybe a different location in the house?
Old 10-02-2014, 06:02 PM

RuthiesRetreat, I'll have to try that. I've tried the sprays to keep them from spraying but they don't last but a day or two. If it works, it's sure a cheap fix.

LindaJR, I've tried a number of different litters. Some clumping some not. The Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal seems to be the smallest size. It's about like sand.
Old 02-10-2023, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
Do you have one? Which brand?

Does Kitty like it?

Does Kitty refuse to use it or goes potty elsewhere because of it?

Is it noisy enough to scare the "pants" off kitty?

We are thinking of getting one for Miss Kola.
Thanks for sharing such an informative article. I really appreciate it.
I'm also writing stuff on cats' basic needs and utilities: like the best brushes for long-haired ragdoll cats or the best food and treats, and also about litter and cat toys. You can read my blog post at https://gopetco.com/
Old 02-13-2023, 01:50 PM

Spam reported.

I've been considering getting a kit to train my cat to use the toilet. Reviews are mixed, but I think that some kitties are smarter than others, and the ones who don't understand are the ones who don't do well with pooping in the toilet.

One of the funniest stories I have EVER read was from Sindy Rodenmayer, owner of FatCat Quilts. It's about how she potty-trained her cats. Years ago she had it on her web page under a tab called "Family Dirt", which was nothing but hilarious stories about her family's shenanigans and adventures. Over time, though, her website got remodeled and that section disappeared. About 5 years ago, I asked her to repost it on FB and she did. If you want to read it, go to the FB page "FatCat Friends" and search for "potty training cat". It will make you laugh until you cry.