Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Sewing machine trouble - vintage WHITE 764 >

Sewing machine trouble - vintage WHITE 764

Sewing machine trouble - vintage WHITE 764

Old 12-07-2011, 08:10 AM

Default Help with white 764

I bought mine a couple of months ago... Immediately broke the oscillating gear in the lower gearbox. Have replaced it, but cannot get timing right.
anyone have instructions for setting timing, or even better, an exploded diagram of entire machine.
please email response direct to
[email protected]
Old 01-16-2012, 02:04 PM

I just got this machine yesterday and i was soo happy still am, but when i pluged it in, it didnt work, after looking at this post i realized my maquine comes with one electrical cord and not two, it looks like the previous owners merged the two cords and also its missing the spool pin. I hope I can get it to work, i love it so much!
Old 08-29-2017, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by stedfast View Post
Boy do I feel dumb! I had the plugs into the wrong outlets on the sewing desk. Problem solved. Must of been the heat yesterday.... yeah, that's it.. LOL Thanks again for everything.
I have had my 764 since the day I bought it brand new in 1970 as a newly wed. Love her. New machines can be so touchy this machine just goes and goes over thick materials layered like when you are making bags. Best machine. Enjoy ! Ebay has manuals for sale.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:46 AM

Don't feel bad, I have done the same and I am sure others have too! I have one as well but yours is in much better shape and mine has toggles instead of dials. The manual was the first I had seen that tells you to clean the gears with kerosene. Good maintenance info. You will love how she sews, she's one of my favourites. Keeps a nice stitch over heavy stuff. Have fun!