Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shop Hop Disappointment

Shop Hop Disappointment

Was so excited, I finally won something from the online shop hop. Went to the link to redeem the $10 gift certificate and found that it was a place to get bookmarks, luggage tags, etc. paper products with quilt blocks, etc. printed on them. Also had $5.00 shipping. Not what I was hoping for. Would have paid shipping and probably bought extra if it had been fabric. On well, guess there is always next time.

mltquilt

Hopefully next time you can get a store with fabric. I won a $10 one this time and spent over $50 at the shop.
    Sandra

I know how you feel. Last time I won $10 to a shop that just sold rulers. I don't need any rulers and they were all expensive so didn't use my prize. Hope we both have better luck next time.

Blog Entries
    I got one to a store that had fabric, but it was ALL dull, boring and ugly (to me, anyway), plus $5.95 shipping, so I ended up not using it at all. Another time I ordered a bag of scraps, and was amazed at how little was in it, and how tiny the pieces were, and only one or two I actually liked. On the other hand I've won a couple $10 coupons that took me shopping in places I would not have gone normally, and found several things I'd seen nowhere else, and bought. The fun and mystery of fab-shop-hopping, I guess. I'm still addicted to doing it!

What a dissapointment. Here you were so excited and then the big let down. Granted $10 is not alot .. but it got your expectations of really winning something! So sorry you got let down like this.

Blog Entries
    This is why I quit doing the online shop hops. First of all, it took way too much time - I'd rather be quilting. Secondly, I thought the prizes were rather chintzy. Third, I got a TON of junk email after that. Fortunately I had used a junk email address that is separate from my main address. It's just not worth it.

Blog Entries
    Every month for the past year or so, i have won 10.00 gift certificate, one month i also won 4 yds of white on white fabric, its fun wondering what you will win
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by mltquilt View Post
    Was so excited, I finally won something from the online shop hop. Went to the link to redeem the $10 gift certificate and found that it was a place to get bookmarks, luggage tags, etc. paper products with quilt blocks, etc. printed on them. Also had $5.00 shipping. Not what I was hoping for. Would have paid shipping and probably bought extra if it had been fabric. On well, guess there is always next time.

mltquilt
    I won a $10 gift certificate as well and they didn't have anything that was useful to me. No thread! I am not sure I understand why that site would be on a quilting shop hop.

I too have won the certificates. Only used one time. I did win a $25.00 pack of fabric. White on white. Usually is all they ever send. Have friend that has won many times & that is all she ever got was the white pack. Another friend on here got a lovely pack of colors. Just never know.
    Live everyday so that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says oh crap she's up.

Are you guys talking about the fabshophop? Where you find the bunny?
    Bernina 440QE
    Bernina 1150 serger
    Janome 1000CPX coverstitch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast