Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dog lovers, is this how it works at your house, too?

Dog lovers, is this how it works at your house, too?

Leo seems to think "Mommy sitting at sewing machine equals me needing to go in & out & in & out..."... LOL! Anybody else have that "issue"?

Name:  out.jpg
Views: 2448
Size:  53.0 KB
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Yup.. Except since I live in an apartment, I have to take him out..

Blog Entries
    It must be a Golden thing! My three do exactly the same as yours. In and out in and out- all day long. Gotta love them. LOL.

Fortunately we have a doggy door. We installed it last winter because our 2 year old dog was driving us crazy, going in/out every two minutes!

yes, every time I sat at the machine that is what he would do. Could do anything else but on no, had to do this when sewing only.
    Mona Marie
    I am too Blessed to be stressed and too Anointed to be disappointed

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=burchquilts;5285323]Leo seems to think "Mommy sitting at sewing machine equals me needing to go in & out & in & out..."... LOL! Anybody else have that "issue"?

Size:  53.0 KB[/
    QUOTE]How would you like to have 6, my sewing machine is by the door needless to say.....................
    Just passing through!

I am so glad to hear this because our greyhound Bella loves to come in and out and yes I have to go with her ...so she loves it ... sewing at the machine means to Bella ..Mom can take me out!!
    Hugs
    Quiltinmama

Blog Entries
    Not at my house. When I'm at the sewing machine Wolfie knows it will be a while before he goes out again. I usually start sewing after he has had his time out sniffing the yard and checking stuff out. He settles down for a nice nap while I sew and when I'm ready to take a break from sewing, he is ready to go out again.

They do have a way of training us!

Mine knows that when I head for the studio she's in for a long nap. She has a bed under my desk. She lays down in her bed and as long as I'm in there she's napping! She's always been good that way.....

LOL If mine needs to go out, when I'm busy, I take her out and give her about 2' of leash. "Potty right here or forget it!" If the need is legit, she'll tend to business. If she just stands there and stares at me, I bring her back inside and ignore her (she gets the message).
    Last edited by Neesie; 06-13-2012 at 08:11 AM.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

I have four dogs and when I sit at my machine they want to do the in and out thing... so I made one of those vecro hanging fabric screen doors. Now they go in and out when they want and I can keep at my machine.

My dog learned to open the sliding screen door when he was outside wanting in. Tried to teach him how to close it but guess he only cared about getting in. Didn't care as much about getting out. LOL Sure do miss that dog!!

I don't have a dog but this is really funny. Seems like your dogs all have you very well trained!!

Pat in MN

Momma, You are just sitting there and I want to go out. My Dixie thinks she has to go for a walk to potty. She makes my husband walk her for 1.5 mile if they go out. Me, the walks are just short and sweet.

I can soooooooooooo relate to this, my two furbabies are in and out constantly. Silly babies.

Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    Leo seems to think "Mommy sitting at sewing machine equals me needing to go in & out & in & out..."... LOL! Anybody else have that "issue"?

Size:  53.0 KB
    SUEB

Quote Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
    LOL If mine needs to go out, when I'm busy, I take her out and give her about 2' of leash. "Potty right here or forget it!" If the need is legit, she'll tend to business. If she just stands there and stares at me, I bring her back inside and ignore her (she gets the message).
    Who said anything about "potty"?!? LOL! Leo just wants to go out & look at the squirrels & birds or who knows what he wants to do. He just wants to do it RIGHT NOW when I have a pile of sewing on my lap... or I'm trying to hold something just so... LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

I have 3 cats and a dog that can never co-ordinate their "ins and outs", so I just chalk it up to them helping me get my exercise.

A-hem! No, it's not just a "golden thing"....it's a "poodle thing" as well! I think what it really amounts to is a "I'm mad 'cause you're playing with that noisy thing more than me...what am I, chopped liver? Or what???"...or at least, it seems like that at my house!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
    They do have a way of training us!
    Boy, you have that right! LOL! But c'mon... we wouldn't have it any other way!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Aren't Golden Retrievers just the best ??? Of course, any dog is a wonderful creature. Our pets become just like extensions of our family. We are on our 2nd Golden as we lost our 1st beloved one to cancer. They are the most loving, gorgeous creatures.
    Dance like no one is watching

Blog Entries
    Miss Daisy is a nag, she whines and paws at my leg if she is in the studio till I want to wring her neck. I put a baby gate up so she can't get downstairs with me. If she whines, I call my DH on the cell and ask him to deal with her. Eventually she gets the message and takes a nap somewhere. There are positive things from out of work spouses. He adores her and doesn't mind and she doesn't do that to him. I love your sign.
    We were working on refinishing living room floor - that blob is her bunny toy. It's hard to be mad at that face
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sally Dolin
    Rock Island, IL

Blog Entries
    I think it is a lab thing!!!! Miss Bess is lab/German shorthair and it doesn't matter what I am doing, she whines to go out and then has a two-bark "let me in, NOW" thing and everything stops, I go out, bring her in, say "Good Dog, Bessie", start back to what I am doing and there goes the whine again! I don't recall our son even whining that much!!!!! But we love them, the dogs!!!!!

Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

When I sit at my sewing machine, the dogs think it's nap time. When I get up to get coffee or whatever I do when I walk away from the machine for a few minutes, they stay sleeping. If it's around noon, they go out and come right back inside, planting their selves at the door of my sewing room. When I sew, they sleep more.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Brie (avatar) only thinks she rules our house ..well she does !LOL okay I admit it ..we have 2 doors in our sewing/misc room so they are open when we are out there, so she can come and go as she pleases.. She also has a rug to lay on, her own personal pillow with her own personal quilt !LOL Okay okay so she is spoiled ! LOL I blame DH for that one !LOL
    Plus the fact that she knows where we are so I think in her mind it calms her and then its NAPPY time .. LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast