Shopping online at Walmart

Old 02-15-2017, 05:16 AM

For those of you who shop online at Walmart, don't forget to check the prices on their rotary blades. Quite amazing on the multi-packs.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:22 AM
Power Poster

I use the cash back feature too and it does add up. Walmart's online security is probably higher then your bank.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:39 AM

Just like any other online shopping...but probably a bit more secure, for now, anyway....
Old 02-15-2017, 05:40 AM

I also shopped online there. Set up account . Everything was fine.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by SunQuilts View Post
I found the perfect backing for my GS quilt online at Walmart. It is not available in their stores (at least not as far as I can tell). But when I tried to place an order I cannot do so unless I create an account complete with password. I do not want to do that. Has anyone been able to shop online without creating an account? The fabric, BTW, is called the Age of Dinosaurs. Has anyone seen it at your local store? It is a Walmart exclusive fabric apparently.
I had my Visa card used after I made an online Walmart purchase, got a new card and all was taken care of. BUT now I only use a Walmart gift card loaded with enough money for the purchase and some extra. So if possible load a store card and use it for the fabric, I do not know where the online site is but am very cautious using my Visa.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
I also shop on-line from time to time from Walmart. I have an account but that is because I use their cash back benefit. You scan in your receipts and if their price is not the lowest then they give you the difference. So far I have a little over $35.00 on account. You can get a gift card for the money. When i wasn't able to find the Warm Tater batting locally I found it at Walmart.com for $4.95 a package. They are shipping it to my local store for no charge.
Saved mine for a year (as in didn't cash in) ( https://savingscatcher.walmart.com/dashboard )and had $103 for extra Christmas money. I do have to add, we live close to a Walmart and my husband is a "shopper". LOL, he goes somewhere every day since he retired.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:09 AM

I have an account with them as I download photos and have placed orders for several things. It's not a big problem to use your email address and simple password to log in, at least I never thought so.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:57 AM

I have no problem logging in and making an account. It's just hard remembering all those usernames and passwords.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:07 AM

Walmart isn't the only place you have to set up an account--practically anywhere you shop online you need an account. Even getting a free embroidery design the digitizer wants an account--I avoid those for a one time thing.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:53 AM
Power Poster

I am finding that fabric several places online, but that wouldn't help you.

Why do you not want to create an account with a password? Basically all you need is an email address. If you forget the password, you can always click on the "forgot my password" link to reset the password. If you don't want to use your regular email address, just set up a separate email address for the account so any information about your order (and or any associated junk email) goes there. You could actually use the account just for this one order and never use it again, if you like.

If the concern is entering a credit card number, I believe you can purchase a prepaid card at your local Walmart and use that to pay for your fabric order. Any excess money on the card that was not needed for the purchase can be used up at your next Walmart visit to purchase things inside the store. The prepaid card can be a throw-away when finished. This way you are not placing your regular credit card or debit card at risk online.