Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: signing up for new websites and blogs??

Question signing up for new websites and blogs??

I have been visiting some new quilting sites that are linked to the sites I already visit and when I go to these, I cannot find out how to sign up for their newsletters. Am I missing something here? Maybe it is because they are linked to another site but I would like to receive their blogs by email but so many don't post a way to do this. Also, I have noticed you cannot comment on many of these because they don't allow non-bloggers (people without an open id, wordpress, google etc. account to post a comment. These are the ones I then unsubscribe to. It's a shame as I feel like I am missing some good info and fun out there!! Frustrating! Anyone else notice this?

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I don't subscribe to many because of being overwhelmed with so many emails/newsletters I don't evenhave time to look at. To go through so much to get a newsletter or be able to comment isn't worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
    I don't subscribe to many because of being overwhelmed with so many emails/newsletters I don't evenhave time to look at. To go through so much to get a newsletter or be able to comment isn't worth it to me.
    I agree. I have too much else to do.
    Patrice S

Every site and blog has a Facebook page. You can post your question to the source.
    I love my life!

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    Every site and blog has a Facebook page. You can post your question to the source.
    Well I know I'm weird but I dont do facebook....so there's that... I guess if they don't make it easy then some of us can't do it. so I won't be reading their blogs. I enjoy reading them and getting inspiration as well as free patterns and tutes. Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen6869 View Post
    Well I know I'm weird but I dont do facebook....so there's that... I guess if they don't make it easy then some of us can't do it. so I won't be reading their blogs. I enjoy reading them and getting inspiration as well as free patterns and tutes. Thanks all!
    I"m weird, too. I don't do FB either. I do occasionally look at something over there but I don't really like it and don't have an account.
    Patrice S

I don't do Facebook either and get frustrated that so many people and businesses will do specials only on Facebook.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by lwbuchholz View Post
    I don't do Facebook either and get frustrated that so many people and businesses will do specials only on Facebook.
    Lynda
    I totally agree. I think it's a form of manipulation and I refuse to be manipulated into that. It is frustrating when that is the only way to contact or view something. And it's unfair!! lol!

The thousands on Facebook out numbers the ones not on Facebook so Facebook is the way the shops and blogs are going. I have a fake Facebook page just for quilting no personal info at all on it. Except IP address that no one can change anyway. I don't post, but the tips, flash sales, videos, and pictures are so worth checking ever so often.
    I love my life!

You don't have to have a Facebook page to view these types of Facebook pages.
    BJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast