Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: smokey house

  1. #1
    Senior Member janedee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    canterbury uk
    Posts
    929
    I came home today to find my house filled with smoke - two dogs and cat coughing and spluttering so I grabbed them and chucked them in the car and called the fire brigade - apparently next door (who had also gone out) had had a new wood burner installed this morning and the company had not checked his chimney out which in fact finished in his attic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am now waiting for said company to come back to assess the damage every thing smells of smoke - at least it wasn't a real fire and and no one hurt but very scary all the same - just needed to talk about it - by the way - no real hunky fireman!!!!!

  2. #2
    Super Member julia58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southwest Virginia
    Posts
    1,880
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thank heavens you got home when you did. Hope the fur babies are ok, keep a eye on them. Glad everyone is ok.

  3. #3
    Super Member Ditter43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Crystal River Florida
    Posts
    9,466
    No hunky fireman huh? That takes all the fun out of it!! I am glad it wasn't a real fire! :thumbup: :D

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    CA & NM
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by janedee
    I came home today to find my house filled with smoke - two dogs and cat coughing and spluttering so I grabbed them and chucked them in the car and called the fire brigade - apparently next door (who had also gone out) had had a new wood burner installed this morning and the company had not checked his chimney out which in fact finished in his attic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am now waiting for said company to come back to assess the damage every thing smells of smoke - at least it wasn't a real fire and and no one hurt but very scary all the same - just needed to talk about it - by the way - no real hunky fireman!!!!!
    Sorry about the firemen! Hope you didn't have any smoke damage. Will you have to wash your stash? Good thing you came home when you did! Good luck that it all turns out fine.

  5. #5
    Senior Member janedee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    canterbury uk
    Posts
    929
    must admit was concerned about one of the dogs who is 14 and the cat who is 20 but they seem ok and the vet has told me what to look for
    Quote Originally Posted by julia58
    Thank heavens you got home when you did. Hope the fur babies are ok, keep a eye on them. Glad everyone is ok.

  6. #6
    Senior Member janedee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    canterbury uk
    Posts
    929
    fortunately my stash is in the basement which is ok its all upstairs - new bedding and possibly some clothes and curtains!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sherriequilts
    Quote Originally Posted by janedee
    I came home today to find my house filled with smoke - two dogs and cat coughing and spluttering so I grabbed them and chucked them in the car and called the fire brigade - apparently next door (who had also gone out) had had a new wood burner installed this morning and the company had not checked his chimney out which in fact finished in his attic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am now waiting for said company to come back to assess the damage every thing smells of smoke - at least it wasn't a real fire and and no one hurt but very scary all the same - just needed to talk about it - by the way - no real hunky fireman!!!!!
    Sorry about the firemen! Hope you didn't have any smoke damage. Will you have to wash your stash? Good thing you came home when you did! Good luck that it all turns out fine.

  7. #7
    leonajo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    middle of the Ozarks
    Posts
    434
    sounds like u were lucky! fires r so horrible.my bil died becase of smoke inhalation. he was about a foot from the back door with a towel wrapped over his face.thank goodness u and urs r ok :)

  8. #8
    Super Member scowlkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,533
    Blog Entries
    11
    Praise God you came home when you did! The thought of your fur babies being in that mess makes my blood freeze!

  9. #9
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,113
    Blog Entries
    1
    I am so happy to hear that no one was hurt! Hard to believe that no one checked the chimney :roll:
    I sure hope that your neighbor has insurance so you can replace and clean your belongings.

  10. #10
    Super Member raptureready's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    5,305
    Sorry that you couldn't have Hunky Firemen to add to your No Real Fire luck. Maybe we can send you some.

    Here you go, it's the best I could do. LOL
    Name:  Attachment-134062.jpe
Views: 15
Size:  26.8 KB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.