Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
So guess what I'm doing today...... >

So guess what I'm doing today......

So guess what I'm doing today......

Old 10-01-2010, 05:47 AM

mopping up. Guess you all know the East is getting rained upon. Well, my sump pump quit.....and my sewing room is in the basement. Called my neighbor and my son-in-law. My son-in-law manned the shop vac and cleaned up water while the neighbor took out the sump pump and set up a portable pump. I was moving junk. Luckily most stuff was in plastic boxes on the floor but I had bolts of home dec fabric in a closet. That stuff got wet. Guess I won't be sewing today.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:53 AM

:-( Sorry and good luck getting cleaned up
Old 10-01-2010, 05:56 AM
Google Goddess

oh no, glad you are getting the mess cleaned up, take care
Old 10-01-2010, 06:08 AM

We lucked out with the rain this time.

I no what you are going through my sewing area is in the basement to I live on the west of Pennsylvania.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:14 AM

One good thing to come out of it; all the closets are emptied of knitting supplies, etc. Now I have to clean the garage. My son-in-law, who is a neat freak, said I had better get rid of most of that stuff before he comes next time to help. He is getting me a new sump pump and my dear neighbor (the widower same age as me) is going to install it for me. Of course everything is just scattered everywhere and it looks overwhelming when I go down there and look around. Is it "wine o'clock" yet?
Old 10-01-2010, 07:43 AM
Power Poster

Oh I'm so sorry. I hope most things can be selvaged. Is your sewing machine OK. If we can help any way let us know.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Power Poster

I am so sorry. Hope you can get a handle on it all soon and that the rain STOPS.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
Oh I'm so sorry. I hope most things can be selvaged. Is your sewing machine OK. If we can help any way let us know.
Thanks, everyone. The machines are all up on the counters, so they are okay, and my fabric is okay because it is all up in my file cabinets and on shelves. I had some wicker baskets with scraps in, and I had rolls of home dec fabric in one closet that got the ends wet. I have that on a table in my garage with the wind blowing on it. My 2 old "thousand pound" portable machines got wet on the bottom, but I think they will be okay. I have everything spread out in the garage. Won't be parking in there any time soon. My son-in-law draped my braided rug over my deck railing to dry out. I am most concerned about my laminate floor and how much water is still under it. I have fans running. I am exhausted :? :roll: :-(
Old 10-01-2010, 08:53 AM

Oh No!!!! I am glad you had help! :?
Old 10-01-2010, 10:03 AM

We're in western York County, pa. We had 3 1/2 inches of rain, on top the 3 inches we had on Monday. At the local airport, less than a mile away, they had 2 inches of rain. I'm still trying to get ahold of my sister in Adams county.