Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
So guess what I'm doing today...... >

So guess what I'm doing today......

So guess what I'm doing today......

Old 10-01-2010, 10:09 AM

I'm north of Philadelphia & the rain is still coming down here. I had to go out & unclog storm drains in the street this a.m. I have a dry basement as I make sure water drains away from the foundation of my house.

Do you have a dehumidifier? With all the machinery & fabrics & probably books, you need to get the humidity level down pretty quick.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by donnajean
I'm north of Philadelphia & the rain is still coming down here. I had to go out & unclog storm drains in the street this a.m. I have a dry basement as I make sure water drains away from the foundation of my house.

Do you have a dehumidifier? With all the machinery & fabrics & probably books, you need to get the humidity level down pretty quick.
Yes, I have it going full blast, fans and doors open so lots of air is moving around. The new sump pump is installed and running nicely. I have the fabric that got wet washed and dried and the bolts that got dampened are drying on a table in the garage. I had just bought a case of 12 rolls of paper towel that I hadn't gotten put on the shelf. It must weigh at least 20 pounds. The trash man is going to have lots of fun next week. Now I am going to go soak in the tub for a while. And as I look at the clock I see that it is "wine o'clock" somewhere. I have grandkids coming for a sleepover tonight. My neighbor said he was told we had 6 inches of rain in the night. I believe it.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:08 PM

I am so sorry you have to go through that. Has the rain stopped yet? Be safe..
Old 10-01-2010, 12:11 PM

I'm sorry! :-(
Old 10-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Google Goddess

at least you are getting it cleaned up, now you can organize and know what you have, hope things are doing better for you,

hugs hugs
:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 10-01-2010, 01:31 PM

Rain, rain, rain, the sun is finally out here this afternoon. Sorry for your loss, but glad you had help in cleaning up.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by farmerswife
I am so sorry you have to go through that. Has the rain stopped yet? Be safe..
Yes, sun is shining and you would never know we had all that rain except for the roads closed and the creek overflowing its banks. It is gorgeous out, nice and breezy. Should dry up my rugs nicely. Just another thing to put in my things I have completed ( floors in the basement got vacuumed and mopped.) Closets got cleaned, now have to clean up the garage from all the fallout of the basement. Looks like my 2 old machines from the 50's are okay except for the cases a little wet. Am drying them out in the garage. Now I know to not have anything sitting on the floor. Of course with a new sump pump I am good for a few more years. But I tell you I am getting rid of a lot of junk. Too many plastic containers of scraps.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:22 AM

How nice of your son and neighbor to pitch in and help. Good luck with the clean up.