Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Something to Really Think Hard About.....

Blog Entries
    during the 'cuban' missle crisis when the neighbors all gathered with plans ..... i said i am not washing the supper dishes , if they take over they can have my dirty dishes........worked for me........intend to not wash dishes again on Dec. 21 ---------- and fall asleep humming "Nearer My God To Thee" ------- and when i wake up on 12/22 it will be to say thank you and quilt!!!!!
    Last edited by SunlitenSmiles; 03-06-2012 at 04:20 AM.

AMEN, I also agree with Jan

This sort of thing is why I don't watch tv either!
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

Why would they have kids get under their desk? How much protection would that give if an A-bomb was dropped anywhere within their state!!!

Power Poster
    I wouldn't want to survive if my loved ones were gone. I do take resonable percautions for natural disasters, (moving to the basement for tornadoes) but a nuclear disaster, nope. I also get my flu shot each year but that's all.

Have not seen it, still stuck on the "Left Behind" series of the rapture. We live near a power plant and if that got blown up......?
    ABCDEFG

I tend not to worry about what is going to happen because there is nothing I can do about it anyway. But that being said,I will be as prepared as possible. The younger generation seems to freak out at the slightest problem , at least the ones here. I am glad I grew up poor and in a area of the US that still had outhouses ,no central heat, wood stoves and no running water. Copper mining area of the late 50s and early 60s in AZ. I can grow my own food , kill my own animals ,(if need be,, yuck though) . Sew , cook on a wood stove, and all the other things that will need to be done. I figure if me and mine are going to survive what ever , if its surviveable, I don't have time to wail and worry, won't be on my knees either except to plant or clean. I will be working.
    In my way of thinking watching these sci fi movies is a form of education, maybe if we listen we can stop it happening. How many things in old sci fi movies are around today?

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    wow Heavy thoughts here... I do have a stocked pantry and water in case of flood or an earthquake..
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

I haven't seen the movie but I do have some emergency stuff stashed. I have been laughed at about having extra water, etc. on hand. When the power grid went down a few years ago, I had light (oil lamp), I had iced tea (extra ice in freezer was put into smaller cooler for use in keeping milk fresh and iced drinks), I had coffee in the morning (gas stove and camping coffee pot). I could even flush my toilet with water from the rain barrels. I don't get laughed at as much since then.
    Dirty1mom
    Cleveland, OH

I am with you!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast