Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Spice rack/organizer

I have mine a plastic basket that sits in the cupboard. When I need one from the back, I can lift the entire basket down easily ad get what I need. Then I just lift them all back.

I also have a lazy susan, but find much more will fit in the basket.

Blog Entries
    I also use the plastic show boxes to organize lots of those tiny items. They may be willy nilly in the box but at least they're confined and can't fall out and about when I open the cabinets. You can get really weird like myself, and put a label on the end so you know what's inside.

Blog Entries
    Katy, I am going to use your idea. As for spices I have them in a lower cabinet (I'm now 4'11") and just dig through them to find what I need.

Sunny Southern California, actually Riverside
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollyv9
    Katy, I am going to use your idea. As for spices I have them in a lower cabinet (I'm now 4'11") and just dig through them to find what I need.
    I am only 5'2" so what I don't use much is up high and at our height there should always be a step stool handy. You can fit more than one of lots of items in pockets so like items are sometimes together and I had a whole shelf free that had been crammed with stuff for years. I find it handy and space saving. Glad I could help. And unless you hate plastic I like see through. I have notions in a cloth one like it next to my sewing machine With lots of cutsie stuff pinned to it like pins from quilt shows and such but the plastic is better in the kitchen and bathroom I think.

My DH and I both love to cook and have a huge collection of spices. We also store ours in the upper cabinet to the left of the stove on two shelves. A few years ago I got frustrated trying to find paprika one night and decided to organize. First I separated my spices into two groups: Sweet and Savory. Then I bought two sets of long bleacher style organizers with three levels. I have a much easier time finding spices since they are divided into two groups that even DH can remember.

Thanks for all the suggestions! It looks like my best bet is to use a tin or plastic shoe box. Never thought of those items!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2