Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Spiral binding

LOL Sorry, I should have made it clearer
    Quote Originally Posted by Peckish
    Lol I thought this was a thread on some new kind of binding - for QUILTS!

I have all of my quilt books spiral bound. The local printer does them for a very reasonable price, and always checks to make sure no printing is lost.

Yes, I had Office Depot bind our church cookbooks but never thought about doing this. Thanks for the suggestion!

Okay...here's the scoop. I work at a copy shop and I have bound quilting books. The first thing you need to do is make sure you have approx. 3/8" clearance at the bind edge. The binding will take up at least 1/4". We have to cut the existing binding in order to punch the holes in the book. That is why you need the additional 1/8".

We offer 2 choices: Spiral/GBC or coil binding. You need to be specific on the type of binding you would like. It is best to stop at your local copy shop and see their examples.

One thing I add on is a plastic cover to the front and back. It just keeps the covers clean.

What a great idea! I didn't know this could be done, or was done! (I thought you meant the quilt, at first, too.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2