Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Stage/Phases of Life

Power Poster
    Gail Sheehy wrote a book called "Passages" that came out in the 1970s.

Most of us are familiar with the ages and stage of babyhood, childhood, and the teen years.

What I didn't know "then" was that as we mature/age, we also go through stages and phases. I think if I had been better prepared for some of them, I would have been less unsure of my sanity during some of those times.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    There certainly are. We studied them in our Psych courses when I was in nursing school. I have experienced them and have seen them in others.

I think the funniest thing about getting older,(I'm not ready for elderly!), is the way we still perceive ourselves. If I can avoid the mirror I feel a lot younger most days!!! :lol:

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I'm really sick! When I look in the mirror I see the same me I've always seen. But the rest of the world sees me otherwise! hahahaha :D

I don't see a lot of differences in me as I age. The only time my age really hits me is on my kids birthdays. How did they get that old. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My kids are getting older but I am still as young as the grandkids. (I really can't believe that I am as old as I am).