Struck me "funny"

Old 11-14-2016, 10:08 AM

I taught marketing classes at a university and had a whole collection of dumb product warnings that I used in class lectures. Since retiring I've not visited those in some time but a couple that I remember was the warning on a sun shield that you use on the windshield to keep the sun out said "do not drive with sun shield in place" like they think some idiot is going to drive with a piece of cardboard covering the windshield! Another one was for a hot brush used to straighten hair. It said "do not use while sleeping". Tell me, how do you do that anyway! Wish I could think of more because we all need a good laugh today. Maybe others can add to this.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:14 AM

Love irony when it is unintended! Very funny.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:00 AM

How about the warning on coffee cups?? Caution, Hot Liquid.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:16 AM

Agree, seems obvious, but perhaps they had instances of the behavior being warned about before they put the warning on. Although, if you can't figure out not to do what the warning said not to do, you probably can't figure out how to read the warnings, either.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by annievee View Post
Chasing Hawk,so funny ! Had elderly neighbor, he got new upper denture, one spot was causing him some pain, he went to his workshop, used his Dremel on plate, fixed the problem and never went back to that dentist--ha !
I did that one my night guard after I had a front tooth capped and the night guard was too tight.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by sparkys_mom View Post
Don't laugh. Lots of people use Dremels to keep their dog's nails in check and my podiatrist uses something suspiciously like a Dremel to smooth everything down when he's finished.
Dh uses a Dremel tool on our dogs nails, it works great.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by citruscountyquilter View Post
I taught marketing classes at a university and had a whole collection of dumb product warnings that I used in class lectures. Since retiring I've not visited those in some time but a couple that I remember was the warning on a sun shield that you use on the windshield to keep the sun out said "do not drive with sun shield in place" like they think some idiot is going to drive with a piece of cardboard covering the windshield! Another one was for a hot brush used to straighten hair. It said "do not use while sleeping". Tell me, how do you do that anyway! Wish I could think of more because we all need a good laugh today. Maybe others can add to this.
There was a show on TLC about "My Weird Obsession" or something like that. One of the people was a woman who slept with a running hair drier.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:55 PM

Bought a Dremel just to use on the dog's toes. Both dogs hated having their nails cut & it was always a trial. Used the Dremel & they were more curious than nervous. Also no sharp edges when the nails were done.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:34 AM

How about the warning on a curling iron that I bought once that said "Do not use on eyelashes"!
Old 11-15-2016, 05:50 AM

On Alka Seltzer tablets: Do not swallow whole.