Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: surprise at the Fair!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dd View Post
    That's adorable. Give kids confidence when they start out and they will want to continue. Never know what she will have made by next year. Can't wait to see grandpa in his dress.lol Make sure we get a pic of that!

Here Here I second that sure want to see Grandpa's picture in his dress. lol. Great story and congrats to DGD

you've given her a gift that she'll never lose--the knowledge that she can do anything she puts her mind to. that, and the lesson that trying, yields results. once a person tastes that, it becomes a curiosity that can carry us for the rest of our lives. giant win for you, no matter how many awards you might have gotten at the fair--you've got the blue ribbon in "grandma"!
    "life is a banquet, and most poor fools are out there, starving to death!"--"auntie mame"

Blog Entries
    My GD and I won the same number of ribbons at the fair this year--she is still bragging about that. I had to entice her to go to 4H camp this year, and she made a pillowcase that got her a blue ribbon when I encouraged (!!!!!) her to enter it in the fair. She really thinks all the other little girls are better than she is--but from looking at her work, I can see that she has really learned a lot from my teaching, and listening to the camp teachers in class. I love it. And, now, so does she. It really did a lot for her confidence and she is talking maybe let's make her a quilt this year.
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

Wow, what a boost to her enthusiasm for crafting. She will go on to become a great seamstress and possible a pastry chef as well. Good lessons and fun reward

Blog Entries
    Well maybe you can make Grandpa a shirt to match! Congrats to all!

Wonderful, I'm teaching my granddaughter to sew, maybe we will enter next year.

Blog Entries
    how cool..the fair is so much fun
    Friends are the most important ingredient in the recipe of life.

Congratulations to both of you-I am waiting for next year to see ALL the dresses you and granddaughter make. Be sure and post a pic of everyone.

Sounds like fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2