Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell on yourself...

Have you ever said something that sounded kinda bad even though you never intended it to be that way?

One morning I went out to the car to go to work. My husband had been working in the garden and left his hoe leaning against the fence. Our big fluffy gray cat, aptly named Big Fuzzy, was rubbing his face against the hoe and I thought he looked so cute. I called out to him, "Fuzzy, are you lovin' that hoe?"

As soon as it was out of my mouth, I realized how bad that sounded! I actually looked around to be sure no one had heard me, and I live out in the country with no close neighbors! I bet my face was red as a beet.

If you're asking if I've ever put my "foot in my mouth," OH ya, right up to the knee! That said, I think your fauz pas was funny! Anyone overhearing your remark might misinterpret "hoe" but what would they have done with "Fuzzy"?!! :-)

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My girlfriends and I share a personal trainer at the local gym. One of the many tortures Chris has us do is run the stairs carrying weighted balls above our heads.

One day when Chris was not there, we were running the stairs without the balls. One of the older ladies that walks in the morning met us on the stairs and said, "Running those stairs looks hard." I replied, "It's a lot easier without Chris's balls on our heads."

Somehow that just didn't come out right.

You guys are hysterical!! Thanks for the chuckles!

Unfortunately, I do it ALL the time!~!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    "It's a lot easier without Chris's balls on our heads."

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

Oh yeah. Big oops. Fortunately he laughed harder than I did, which wasn't a good thing considering he just had surgery.

Co-worker came back from surgery .. prostate. There were complications with the sutures etc and he was sitting in his chair and someone was wheeling him around the office in his office chair (kind of as a joke). I made a freudian slip by saying "I'll be that makes you feel impotent now".

As I said, he laughed. Too hard!!

I am an RN and work in a recovery room. One day I got a phone call asking about a patient. I knew that patient was no longer in the recovery room and said "That patient is no longer with us". The nurse standing beside me turned 3 shades of white and told me after I got off the phone that when I said that it sounded like the patient had died! :( That wasn't what I had meant at all!

Blog Entries
    I worked at a food processing plant and the employees were dressed in "white" uniforms. I met a male employee in the mall with his wife.....I said "I didn't recognize you with your clothes on". His wife was NOT thrilled:)

I sent out an email on bulletinboard to the entire university that said we were offering free hearing evaluations to the "pubic" not "public". Yea that went over well...

Diannia

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast