Texas Drought

Old 09-19-2011, 07:19 AM

For those of you who don't live in Texas and who haven't seen this in person. This is a picture of Lake Travis, Mansfield Dam and the Pedernales River that flows into Lake Travis. These boat docks are usually in water 20-50 feet deep. This is the Texas Hill Country west of Austin, just west of the area that burned.
http://www.flickr.com//photos/texasp...29641925/show/
Old 09-19-2011, 07:22 AM
Power Poster

as sad as the entire situation is, it seems it would be a good time to clean up the lake beds
Old 09-19-2011, 07:29 AM

i am so sorry, and us in South Dakota had major flooding all summer. No global warming.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:17 AM

I live in west Texas on a small lake with two small creeks that flow into it. We are experiencing the same things. Lake is drying up, creeks haven't had water in them in months. Those pictures are really sad. I agree with the comment, as long as the lakes & creeks are dry...lets clean them up. We plan on taking a chain saw out to cut down stumps in our lake.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:25 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

OMG!!
I love this land. :cry: :cry: :cry: These pictures certainly bring the situation right in-your-face and cause terrible heartache for the land, the animals, the farmers, the property owners, the boating/fishing/tubing/camping businesses, and the city fathers who worry about water for the people.

I am distressed by these photos in ways no word pictures or news reports have caused.

Oh, God, please cause your face to shine on this land again and rescue your people from this famine. In Jesus's name.

Jan in VA
Old 09-19-2011, 09:20 AM

Wow...I had no idea it is this bad. Central California has had a drought for the past 3 years, and we finally got a good rainy winter this past year, and the mountains got 150% of normal snow. We have had water in the Kern River all year, as they are not wanting the lake dam to get too much water behind it.

I know what you are going through, but not to the point of boats stranded and dead fish lying everywhere.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:22 AM

I live right here amidst all that, but still so sad to see these pictures. Was so hoping for rain this past weekend, but it missed us again...The neighborhoods have been looking like fall for weeks, all of the huge, old trees turning red and yellow from dying, not winter, some are just falling over and splintering into millions of pieces. Have to say though, there is a reason for everything.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:34 AM

Indeed, it is very sobering. Just praying that at some point the rains will return and the water levels will once again be normal for this area. So saddening to think of the damages the drought has caused, along with all the wildfires so much has been lost forever....
Old 09-19-2011, 09:51 AM

My family lives in Texas and it is so bad there but it will rain there again and Texas will come back bigger and better.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:34 AM

I live in North Texas near the OK/TX state line. We got about 1/2 inch of rain yesterday. First measurable rain in months. I was folding fat quarters and heard a strange noise. IT WAS RAINING HARD! It's been so long that I had forgotten the sound. Every little bit helps, but Lord we surely could use ten times that much. Weather service says the next three months will be exceptionally dry and it might extend all the way to Canada next year.