Texas Wildfires

Old 04-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Banned

Are any of the Texas members on here near the wild fires burning in several areas of TX? We are in central TX & can smell the smoke & see the haze from the fires from the San Saba area.

I hope everyone is out of the fire danger & also safe in the severe storm areas across other parts of the U.S.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:16 PM

My prayer goes out to all those in that area.

Sewfine
Old 04-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Power Poster

Praying that you get the much needed rain in your area soon!!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Power Poster

I sincerely hope all people are safe from the fires. We have fires here in Colorado too and a few weeks ago I could smell the smoke and got ash in the house due to the high winds. Stay safe!
Old 09-07-2011, 07:27 AM

Does anyone know if the fire has gone to Hockley Texas ? .. I know that the Exon station there in hockley county blew up.. I'm trying to get updates for my girlfriend. That is now waiting with her family in a shelter. I'm just hoping so bad that their house will be okay. If anyone knows anything about Hockley updates, please let me know.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:58 AM

Blog post with ways to help Bastrop Fire victims - http://thespunkydiva.net/bastrop-wil...-impact-on-us/

So far we are far enough away not to be in danger. Keep praying for everyone's safety as this fire continues to be mostly uncontained.

~Kimberlee
Old 09-07-2011, 09:03 AM

My dd's live in Austin too and am following the news on the fires there from the Hill Country news. It was a link my dd posted on face book
Old 09-07-2011, 09:08 AM

Had one a couple of miles from my house 2 weeks ago. Thankfully it was a small one. whew...only 15 acres burned.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Banned

It is really a sad situation, thankfully I am NW of Austin proper. We did have one about 5 mi. from my house a couple of days ago, but they were able to contain it in about 6-8 hrs.

Even sadder, is a fire that broke out between Austin & me in Cedar Park, is that they now suspect 4 teen agers deliberately started that one. UNBELIEVABLE. It has been contained, but not before a lot of loss to several people.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:47 PM

I'm about 35 miles south of Waco and we haven't had the big fires here, just smaller grassfires mainly. I live in the country and we're surrounded by dry pastures and woods, so I'm very watchful. About a month ago some farm machinery caused a fire across the highway from us, burning a mobile home, a barn, numerous rolls of hay, and about 30 acres of pastureland, but at least no one was hurt. And, luckily the wind was in our favor. We hear daily about new fires and some that have been burning for a while, like at Mother Neff State Park and Fort Hood and those in East and South Texas. Please pray that we get rain soon!