Texas Wildfires

Old 09-07-2011, 01:21 PM

Mother Nature is one very pissed off lady!! Floods, earthquakes, tornadoes, fires, hurricanes.
Cross your fingers because none of us are exempt!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:48 PM

We've just had a couple of wild fires in San Antonio in the past couple of days, but thankfully I don't think any homes were destroyed. We had a big fire out in Stone Oak ( a very nice area of town). The news said a CPS truck (power company) had ignited dried up grass underneath it.

Then on the way home from work today, the sky was full of orange-looking smoke, and I heard on the car radio that Camp Bullis on the north side of SA had a couple of wildfires and homes were evacuated. I think they got that one under control pretty quickly.

It's getting scary. I stopped at Walmart on the way home and bought an emergency evacuation 'kit' for my two cats. If I have to make a quick 'run for it', at least I have a kennel to put the cats in, a small litter box and bag of litter, and a small bag of kitty food. Anything else can be replaced.

Of course, my theory has always been that when I'm prepared for an emergency, it never happens. So I'm going to sleep peacefully tonight.

My heart goes out to the families who have lost over 800 homes in the Bastrop area.