Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there an iron that doesn't leak?

Blog Entries

Is there an iron that doesn't leak?

I get so frustrated with my iron. When I am steaming something it leaks and casues a mess. Help, is there one that doesn't leak?

Power Poster
    I use my iron with no water in it and keep a mister bottle handy. Until my old iron dies, I will be using this method. I will probably pick up a cheap Walmart iron after that and use it until it dies. I just can't bring myself to buy an expensive iron that may not last.

I also do not put water in my iron. I use a spray bottle. Have never found an iron that does not at some point leak.

I have the black and decker classic iron! I love it. I love it so much in fact I bought a spare one. Walmart $24. I have not had any problems with irons leaking though. knock on wood.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mighty View Post
    I also do not put water in my iron. I use a spray bottle. Have never found an iron that does not at some point leak.
    I do the same thing. Can't handle the frustration of a leaking iron

Blog Entries
    I have a Reliable Digital Velocity iron, it was pricey but the heat is great and it doesn't leak a bit.

Gotta echo the other posters. The solution to avoiding a leaky iron is not to ever put water in it - for me anyhow. My irons last for many years and I am convinced it's because I use a spray bottle for misting. I also thinks it works better than steam from an iron, but that's just me.
    I'd rather be at the lake

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

Years ago my iron stopped misting - I tried to unclog it but was not successful. I love using a spray bottle and my hot iron. I can immediately switch between mist and dry ironing. I use starch/dry iron when I finish a block and mist/dry iron when I am piecing a block. I also never get burned from the steam!

My cheapie sunbeam didn't leak for 20 years! Now I have a "reliable" for the last year and so far so good : )

Quote Originally Posted by deedum View Post
    I have the black and decker classic iron! I love it. I love it so much in fact I bought a spare one. Walmart $24. I have not had any problems with irons leaking though. knock on wood.
    Love the Black & Decker classics. I look for them at estate sales and garage sales.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast