Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Things to do in Rochester

  1. #1
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    1,067
    I might have to entertain myself up in Rochester this weekend. Does anyone have any suggestions of things to do? I'll be in town from Friday until Monday.

    Also looking for suggestions for good places to eat and quilt shops as well. I have been to Jackie Lynn's. I will have a car and I don't mind driving.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    upstate New York
    Posts
    1,191
    Hi, I live in Rochester so maybe I can help.
    Patricias' Fabric House in East Rochester , Strong Museum . George Eastman House, Ivy Thimble Quilt Shop in Victor (a suburb of Rochester), Erie Canal and it's working locks in Fairport and Pittsford. If any of these are of interest, send me a PM and I'll give you directions from where you're staying. Pat

  3. #3
    Super Member DeeBooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Syracuse,NY
    Posts
    1,530
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltpd
    Hi, I live in Rochester so maybe I can help.
    Patricias' Fabric House in East Rochester , Strong Museum . George Eastman House, Ivy Thimble Quilt Shop in Victor (a suburb of Rochester), Erie Canal and it's working locks in Fairport and Pittsford. If any of these are of interest, send me a PM and I'll give you directions from where you're staying. Pat
    There is the mall in Waterloo also if you like shopping.

  4. #4
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    34,156
    Blog Entries
    18
    i was just searching for quilt shops in the Rochester area as I will be going there in early August. The quilt shop in Spencerport http://bettysquiltingetc.com/ is going out of business :( and having a close-out sale. I will be going to Kendall for the barn quilt tour http://www.partykafarms.com/quilttrail.html . In Leicester [pronouced lester] there is http://www.baileyssewingcenter.com/ where the long arm machines are made.. Chuck, the manufacturer, is there and he answers all your questions.

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltpd
    Hi, I live in Rochester so maybe I can help.
    Patricias' Fabric House in East Rochester , Strong Museum . George Eastman House, Ivy Thimble Quilt Shop in Victor (a suburb of Rochester), Erie Canal and it's working locks in Fairport and Pittsford. If any of these are of interest, send me a PM and I'll give you directions from where you're staying. Pat
    Thanks! I will add these to my list. I've always wanted to see the Eastman House. I'm not sure where I'm staying yet but I will definitely make sure I have internet access wherever it is!

  6. #6
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    i was just searching for quilt shops in the Rochester area as I will be going there in early August. The quilt shop in Spencerport http://bettysquiltingetc.com/ is going out of business :( and having a close-out sale. I will be going to Kendall for the barn quilt tour http://www.partykafarms.com/quilttrail.html . In Leicester [pronouced lester] there is http://www.baileyssewingcenter.com/ where the long arm machines are made.. Chuck, the manufacturer, is there and he answers all your questions.
    I am sorry to hear about Betty's going out of business. The last time I was in Rochester that was on our list to visit but we ran out of time. I am sure that by the time I get up there there won't be anything left to see. The barn quilt tour sounds like fun.

  7. #7
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NE Pa.
    Posts
    1,527
    I don't know how close Dansville is to Rochester but they have a fantastic quilt shop there called "Materil Rewards" Been there several times.

  8. #8
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    31,244
    Blog Entries
    194
    maybe you can plan on a meet and greet at one of the quilt shops when you are in town,

    just post a date, time and where on the offline section so you can meet other quilt board members

    You can meet at a quilt shop, shop and then meet for lunch and bring show and tell and visit

    Quote Originally Posted by AFQSinc
    I might have to entertain myself up in Rochester this weekend. Does anyone have any suggestions of things to do? I'll be in town from Friday until Monday.

    Also looking for suggestions for good places to eat and quilt shops as well. I have been to Jackie Lynn's. I will have a car and I don't mind driving.

    Thanks!

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    1,067
    That might be a nice idea. I'm always shy about those sorts of things.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.