Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Things that make you go "Hmmmmm" >

Things that make you go "Hmmmmm"

Things that make you go "Hmmmmm"

Old 12-08-2009, 02:34 PM

It sure does take a certain amount of malice to do something like that. 40 pounds isn't huge. I'm sure you're not the only one there with 40 pounds - or more - to lose.

Obviously someone went to a bit of trouble to be so insulting. Cookbooks cost money, even used. Getting one to anonymously give to you took some forethought, too.

So it came via inter-office mail. Any clues from the handwriting of the address?

Did anyone else get one?
Old 12-08-2009, 02:36 PM

LOL... Thanks for the laugh everyone. I'm not one to make a big deal out of things so I'm not going to make a stink about it and draw even more attention to it.

I'll let it go and maybe even look through the book.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
LOL... Thanks for the laugh everyone. I'm not one to make a big deal out of things so I'm not going to make a stink about it and draw even more attention to it.

I'll let it go and maybe even look through the book.
Maybe even post a BIG Thank You and offer to share recipes. ???? :?
Old 12-08-2009, 02:39 PM

Better yet, make some of the recipes and bring them into the office to share! LOL
Old 12-08-2009, 02:53 PM

Pam, maybe this was an idea floated at WW meetings because I had a WW cook book left on my desk a little while ago as well. I have to admit it was a little insulting, but they really are good recipes and you got the book for free, while others are paying $20 for it.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:59 PM

That's what my daughter said... make a huge batch of cookies from the book and bring them in. :lol:

It just has my name and cubicle number written on it. I wouldn't be able to tell anyone's handwriting except a couple of people I work closely with. There are probably 500 people in this building and yes, there are many that are VERY large so it's not like I stand out that much .

I just don't know anyone who I would think would do that. I work with almost all men, one other woman who has been here 25 years. I'm in IT so I'm more behind the scenes and I don't work directly with a lot of people. Like I said, I'm kind of quiet and shy so I don't gossip or talk about anyone either.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Power Poster

Maybe write a note:

Thank you to the ANONYMOUS donor of the cookbook.

I would really like to know who you are so I can properly express my appreciation to you.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Maribeth
Pam, maybe this was an idea floated at WW meetings because I had a WW cook book left on my desk a little while ago as well. I have to admit it was a little insulting, but they really are good recipes and you got the book for free, while others are paying $20 for it.

That's strange. Is it some type of campaign?? There are weekly WW meetings here that about a dozen people go to (I've seen them in a conference room). I've never had anything to do with it and don't hang out with the people who go to them.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Power Poster

I am not sure that I would be offended, I know that there are people all over that do things for strange reasons, and they may really have enjoyed the cookbook and wanted to pass it on, with out knowing who it is from or the intent. There was no public display of you opening it from a SS or anything, if I wanted to insult someone with something like that I would make sure that others saw the person opening it.

Your attitude can make it a good present or a bad one, I say enjoy it, if their intent was to shame you in anyway, you take the power away from them by enjoying it and putting it to good use, I wold pass it around that someone was nice enough and thought enough of you to give you a special present.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

I for one, would be highly insulted, and probably be knocking on the manager's door within 30 seconds.

I am worth more than my girth.