Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Things that make you go "Hmmmmm" >

Things that make you go "Hmmmmm"

Things that make you go "Hmmmmm"

Old 12-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Power Poster

Hmmmm Pam...I would probably have been hurt initially...then mad...then I thought..are you the only one who got one? At this point....just say what the heck...enjoy the free cookbook or pass it along to someone else who might want it..of course...offering it in a very nice way.... :wink:

BTW...I've heard they have some really great recipes!
Old 12-08-2009, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I was sitting at my desk this morning, minding my own business, when there was an inter-office envelope dropped off addressed to me with no sender.

I open it and it's a Weight Watchers cookbook.

:?

I'm pretty quiet and shy and I know I haven't talked to anyone about losing weight other than a male co-worker that I've worked with for 16 years. I know it wasn't him.
It might have not been done because of weight, I have receieved calenders before, and it was just that. Someone sharing a calendar.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:36 PM

I'm not going to stress about it. I looked through it and lots of things look really good. I will assume that it was given with good intentions by someone who thought I would like it.

After all, I DO need to lose a few pounds. Isn't living well the best revenge? :twisted:
Old 12-08-2009, 06:14 PM

I got one idea from looking through the book. There was some ham kabobs, didn't read the recipe but it has sweet potatoes. I don't have or like sweet potatoes but I have a big ham I was going to cook.

I cut a thick slab off the ham, cut it into big cubes, and put it on skewers with pinapple and red bell pepper chunks. Put it under the broiler and at the last put a little cherry ham glaze on it. Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Banned

Hey the way I would look at it is that I got a free cook book.

But me being me, I would find out who did it and punch them in the mouth for being a smart ass!! :mrgreen:

Billy
Old 12-08-2009, 06:59 PM

Having met you in person, I can't even imagine why someone would do such a thing with a bad intention. You are a very pretty, lovely woman. You do not need to lose weight, and you are so sweet. I can only imagine that it was sent to you as a nice gesture, not as a "hint". Were you talking about cooking maybe? Or is there a recipe exchange coming up?
Old 12-08-2009, 07:04 PM

Yum! The ham kabobs sound awesome. You have already turned this into something positive which says a lot about you as a person. And a free cookbook is always good!
Old 12-08-2009, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
Originally Posted by Maribeth
Pam, maybe this was an idea floated at WW meetings because I had a WW cook book left on my desk a little while ago as well. I have to admit it was a little insulting, but they really are good recipes and you got the book for free, while others are paying $20 for it.

That's strange. Is it some type of campaign?? There are weekly WW meetings here that about a dozen people go to (I've seen them in a conference room). I've never had anything to do with it and don't hang out with the people who go to them.
And here you thought being quiet and shy meant you weren't noticed. Someone noticed you!
You have a place to start, if you want to thank the giver, by contacting whoever leads the weekly WW meetings.

I can think of things I'd rather get anonymously...... :wink:
Old 12-08-2009, 07:36 PM

I would use the office copier to copy any recipes I would like to make and then leave it laying around in the break room, no need to mention who left it in the break room. Or better yet, leave it setting in the bathroom.
Only you and the person who gave it to you will know where it came from.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:25 PM

I still like the idea of tearing out pages and putting one on each desk, saying I just couldn'tstand it, I had to share. I do feel whomever did this is VERY insensitive. What a meanie