Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Thought about you all this morning

It's a beautiful day here in Kent, UK, and this morning we went to a couple of 'Boot Fairs' which for those that don't know is people selling goods out of their cars, and today we saw 4 old Singer sewing machines being sold for next to nothing, and if they weren't so heavy i'd have bought them and sent them to anyone that wanted one, it seems such a shame that here no one wants the old machines and in America you love them so much, we did buy a lovely Brother machine machine that is about 5 years old for my brother, and it only cost 15, (approx $20, so he's a happy bunny, wants to do his own repairs etc,
    So if anyone is coming for a holiday in England and wants to take a very old sewing machine home i would urge you to go to Boot fairs whilst over here,
    Happy sewing everyone,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cazann
    It's a beautiful day here in Kent, UK, and this morning we went to a couple of 'Boot Fairs' which for those that don't know is people selling goods out of their cars, and today we saw 4 old Singer sewing machines being sold for next to nothing, and if they weren't so heavy i'd have bought them and sent them to anyone that wanted one, it seems such a shame that here no one wants the old machines and in America you love them so much, we did buy a lovely Brother machine machine that is about 5 years old for my brother, and it only cost 15, (approx $20, so he's a happy bunny, wants to do his own repairs etc,
    So if anyone is coming for a holiday in England and wants to take a very old sewing machine home i would urge you to go to Boot fairs whilst over here,
    Happy sewing everyone,
    That is such a happy thought..sure wish I could!

:D

Wish I was there.

Thanks for the info. Haven't been to England in a few years, might be time to begin planning a new trip. We're been to all the major places so a boot fair sounds like fun.

Oh that sounds like so much fun. Would love to visit.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have a friend living/working in London..might have to put on task and go BOOT searching for me!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by May in Jersey
    Thanks for the info. Haven't been to England in a few years, might be time to begin planning a new trip. We're been to all the major places so a boot fair sounds like fun.
    I have NEVER been..take me with you!

That sounds like fun. I might be coming to UK next summer. love Kent. Spent some time at the county fair one year. Great memories of the horse show, hot air balloons, etc. And the Battle of Hastings. Oast houses too!
    Thanks for reminding me of a wonderful trip.
    How does one find out about boot fairs? Like time and location?
    Happy quilting!