Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 31 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Tired of carping!

We are living in a frustrating time. Jobs are scarce, money is scarce, we are all getting older even if we are only three months old now, most of us have an ache or a pain in the morning and maybe still at night. Some of us have children or grandchildren who are in the thick of one of the two wars we are engaged in. Lots of people are nearly overwhelmed. They need to be lifted up, not shoved down.

I would like, at least once, to log into this board, and find someone singing someone's praises--the employee at JoAnn's who helped you find just the right shade of blue, the clerk at WalMart who told you when the next shipment of cantalopes would be in, the owner of the LQS who spent time coordinating your fabrics for a baby quilt.

Instead, there seems to be this constant need to complain about husband, boyfriend, mother, daughter, the clerk at JoAnn's or WalMart or at the LQS and there seems also to be a constant need to be right/correct about every definition of every quilting term no matter whether there is a widely accepted defintion.

Could we all just get over it and try to be happier about having the means and the opportunity to be creative? froggyintexas

I like the way you think :thumbup:

LOL i think you were just doing what you did not want to see on the board. It is hard sometimes to always be upbeat. Have a great day and smile

Blog Entries
    you posted a thread complaining... about COMPLAINING??!!

Quote Originally Posted by CloverPatch
    Yea i couldnt belive it
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

You wrote a very negative post - about negativity. I don't think QB members predominately post negative comments. I find the board very positive & supportive.

Today in Texas it is beautiful weather.. My grandkids came over and picked threw my stash and asked to make a quilt.. So I want to praise God for His Son... Praise God fir my health. Praise America for all our freedom... And praise grandkids who make an old quilting women feel like a million doller prize... Cuz they want to hang with gramma and respect the art if quilting.... Hugs and kisses to all on this great, quilting site... Where we vent, praise, cry, learn and respect each others opinions...<><

Quote Originally Posted by CloverPatch
    :thumbup:

I'm so new at quilting I thought CARPING was a block ??? Now that's funny.. Anyway u look st it.

The most wonderful thing about the QB is you can find almost anything you want . If you want to see beautiful quilts, they are aplenty. You want to hear a funny joke/story, they are here. You need to vent, you can. You need to see that you are not alone, because you did something stupid, you can find it here. This Board can be a real friend if you want it to be.

There are plenty of thread where people give kudos to others, and the moderators work very hard to keep out the ones that are ultra negative. And it was good for froggyintexas to vent also. This is a wonderful site and I am very thankful to all that participate.

Page 1 of 31 1 2 11 ... LastLast