Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Today was cleaning day

Blog Entries

Today was cleaning day

I decided it was time to pull out the fridge and clean the coils, boy where they covered with dust. After I did the chest freezer - it didn't need it, guess the dust doesn't go in that area of the house but does under the fridge.
    I am thinking it may be a good idea to mark on a calendar in 6 months to pull the fridge out again as it has been about a year. Keeping the coils clean helps it run better and also helps the motor last longer.

Indeed it does, and it's even more important for folks like me with several large long haired dogs. You have Shelties, (multiple?) and they have the double coats as well. I keep a long (32") thin metal ruler for the express purpose of sliding under the fridge at least once a month to remove the dog hair.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

You might make a mental note to do the fridge when you reset your clocks in Spring & Fall.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
    Indeed it does, and it's even more important for folks like me with several large long haired dogs. You have Shelties, (multiple?) and they have the double coats as well. I keep a long (32") thin metal ruler for the express purpose of sliding under the fridge at least once a month to remove the dog hair.
    Yes I have 2 Shetland Sheepdogs, with all their hair, they have been shedding lately, lots of vac cleaner time. I do have one of those yellow sticks that you can run under appliances - I do it for dryer, washer, fridge once a month to get the dust, and then when I remember, pull them out and clean behind them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joyce blint View Post
    You might make a mental note to do the fridge when you reset your clocks in Spring & Fall.
    I need it written down as a reminder, otherwise I tend to forget.

Blog Entries
    thanks for the reminder. besides that, you find valuables such as the toddler's magnet letters
    Nancy in western NY

It's also a really good idea to periodically clean out the dryer exhaust and the filter. Years ago, a co-worker had a fire in his home due to a stuffed exhaust tube.

I use a small air compressor to clean out fridge/freezer coils.Works like a charm.