Today for some reason...

Old 12-07-2010, 09:13 AM

I am missing my Grandmother so much! I've been making my Christmas gifts (potholders) on her old machine. its a comfort to have it....makes me feel a little closer to her. I think that its just the stress from the last few days getting to me. DD broke up with her boyfriend (he was a really nice guy too) and it is all a result of what happened to her this summer. She also got a new manager at her job who she feels uncomfortable with and then she found out last night one of her campers from this summer was killed in a wreck. So she has been a basket case and crying. She had been doing so good i thought at dealing with everything and then it seems like the bottom falls out. It makes me teeter between being so mad over what happened and just sad that she will be dealing with this for what may be years. And I wish my Grannie was here for advice or at least a shoulder to lean on!
Old 12-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Cyn

Hugs to you all! Your grandmother is with you- just listen.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:19 AM

Sew. A little of grandma will be in every stitch. Be a shoulder for your daughter but also allow her the room to go through all this and work it out for herself. Easy? No but it will let her grow into a better person. Enamel, ceramics, steel and humans are better after going through the tests of fire.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Power Poster

Aw, sending hugs!
Old 12-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Power Poster

By sewing on her machine you are bringing granny to you {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Old 12-07-2010, 01:01 PM

such a bad time of year for the bottom to fall out JUST LOVE HER prayers to you both
Old 12-07-2010, 01:57 PM

I am so sorry. I agree, just love her. I have never really sewn anything before two months ago. I finally blew the dust off a machine DH bought me ten years ago. As I worked at sewing my very first table topper, I thought of my grandmother, mother and aunt. All who sewed. what a wonderful day that was for me. They are now close to me everytime I sew and now my MIL is too. It is her sewing bench that I sit on.

Things will work out. One day at a time and remember LET GO, LET GOD!!!! {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Old 12-07-2010, 02:28 PM

She is still with you always. Just try to "quiet" your mind so you can "hear or feel" her. I know things are hard right now but just remember that everything is always changing. Hope you feel better soon. Sending your family a Holiday Hug :!:
Old 12-07-2010, 02:31 PM

thanks ya'll! It just hurts so much to see my dd hurting and NOT be able to do a darn thing about it. Its also the first Christmas without my Grandmother. She was more of a mother to me than a Grandmother and I loved her dearly.