Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Tom the Turkey Right Left Thanksgiving Game >

Tom the Turkey Right Left Thanksgiving Game

Tom the Turkey Right Left Thanksgiving Game

Old 11-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Power Poster

Default Tom the Turkey Right Left Thanksgiving Game

We like to play the right left game at Christmas time with our family. This time my granddaughter called last night and asked if we could play it today after dinner.
I didn't find but one boring story online so I wrote my own. My DGD Rachel (10) read the story this time and she did a great job of it.

To play the game you need presents enough for each person to have one. Pass out the presents. As the story is read when it says Right you pass the present right and when it says left you pass it left. It can be hilarious as everyone tries to keep up with which way the presents are supposed to go.
When the story ends everyone opens the present they ended up with. this time my mom wrapped up some fun Christmas ornaments she was going to pass out to them today anyway. so when Rachel asked to play the game it gave Mom the perfect way to hand them out.

Here is my story I wrote last night.

Tom Turkey

Thanksgiving was coming and right now Tom the turkey was worried! He left his house and turned right at the corner of the hen house. He needed to see if his girlfriend Tina was right at home in the left nest box on the right side of the far wall. He had left her there last night and right now he needed to talk to her right away!

There were rumors flying left and right around the barnyard that turkeys didn’t have much time left! He had the right to find out.
The rooster told Tom he was right to be worried! The farmer was selling all the left over turkeys to the butcher right after he put the ones he wanted right in his own freezer.

That left Tom and Tina only one right option! They must leave right away.

Tom and Tina left the henhouse and right then Tom had a thought. If they left right now no one would know they had left until right after supper time tonight. Right when he started to open the left side of the barn door he ran right into his friend Angus the cat who’s right ear drooped due to a fight he had lost. Angus showed them the right hole to use to get under the right side of the barnyard fence.

When they left they knew it was the right thing to do. Tom and Tina lived a long life and were left alone to raise their babies right in the timber where the turkey kids ran right and left as they learned to fly away. Which left Tom and Tina feeling they had raised their kids right!
Old 11-22-2012, 10:50 PM

Cute story and it sounds like fun. I am sure there was lots of laughing and juggling going on right and left at your house. Hope you had some turkey left... I am going to bed right now!! See you tomorrow. ();-)
Old 11-24-2012, 04:11 AM

This is a great game and I love your story! Sounds like fun with the family.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:20 AM

That is a very cute story, I do the right and left game for my church. But I do not have a gift for everyone!!!! I do it at our Christmas Party. Got any good stories for Christmas to share?
Old 11-24-2012, 05:50 AM

I've never heard of the left right game. Next time we have the kids and grandkids together , maybe we can try it. Thanks for sharing.

It sounds like ya'll had a lot of fun.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:14 AM

Do you have one for Christmas, we played the game at quilt camp and is always a great time. We lined up in 2 lines facing each other and sometimes you had to pass the gift to the one 'across' from you. So a game for Christmas would be great to have.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:46 AM

http://www.santalady.com/xmasgame/leftright.html

http://www.santalady.com/xmasgame/lftrt.html
Old 11-24-2012, 02:22 PM

Thanks for a great idea!
Old 11-24-2012, 10:56 PM

Thanks for the great game ideas will be trying them out this year.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:44 PM
Power Poster

I do have several for Christmas I can print off and send you if you like. I think we have a Rudolf one and I know there are at least a couple of the Wright family stories. There are lots of them online if you just search Right and Left games.
There is one for Valentine's day too.

I am going to see if I can write one for Christmas that will include my family in the story. I might write a few and post them online for anyone who wants them.