Treadmill question

Old 02-14-2011, 01:56 PM
Power Poster

How do you get one apart? DD had a big gym size treadmill put together in what was then our game room. It will not fit through any door way to get it out. I have called gyms, stores, handymen, even moving men to find someone that can take the thing apart. No luck. Other then making the double windows into
French doors I'm stuck with this thing in my way. It's a Gold's Gym vx 5000. I have called the customer's hot line and was told there was no info how to take it apart. The place she bought had two men put it together but they are no longer in business. I guess it's time for a blow torch. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Never ever have one put together in a room without knowing it will fit out the door.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Power Poster

maybe you could visit some gyms and talk to someone there. perhaps they could show you how to dismantle one.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:12 PM

My son did the same thing--moved out and left us with that monstrosity LOL. I called a local gym and said if they could dismantle it, they could have it. They came the next day--biggest, muscle bound guys I've ever seen--took it apart and they hauled it back to their gym. Just a suggestion.
I guess I should have kept it and learned to operate it--could afford to lose a few pounds but it was so big and intimidating I went out around it!
Old 02-14-2011, 02:12 PM

Would like to know this myself. We have one that is "gym" sized and it sits between our living room and dining room. I would love to get rid of it also but don't even know where to begin and how to get it out of the house. The place my hubby bought it from is also out of business.........
Old 02-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Power Poster

Will it collapse down at all to fit out the door ?
Old 02-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Power Poster

I put my dog on it when the weather's bad. She seems to like it. I hold the leash while she walks. I wonder if she thinks we are both walking?
Old 02-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Power Poster

It will fold up to be upright but it's too wide to fit through the door and too tall if turned. If it could be manhandled as is, it won't fit anyway it's turned. And it weighs more then a small car.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:04 PM

can you open it and lay it on it's side and then slide the tread part through the door, and then angle it around to get the upright bits through? Depends if there's a wall or something opposite.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:14 PM

On ours there are screws at the bottom of the "handle" that sticks up. The entire top part comes off. So you essentially have two pieces - the top handle part and the base with the belt. This is how they come in the box. There may be caps or covers over the screws so they aren't obvious.

Do you still have the manual that came with it? Maybe you can find one online. Ours shows how to put it together so you could just work backwards to take it apart.

Good luck! Those babies are heavy! lol

Ours is in the basement and I dread the day we have to move it.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:46 PM

We can take the handles off of ours to move it. There are plastic covers on the handles that have to be removed to see the screws.