Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Felt and Glue question of the month! (and wool felt question too!) >

Felt and Glue question of the month! (and wool felt question too!)

Felt and Glue question of the month! (and wool felt question too!)

Old 02-17-2011, 04:55 PM

Ok, I just saw a product called Beacons Felt Glue. I know for a fact elmers does not work well on felt. What is in FELT glue vs glue? Anyone ever use it? anyone use anything that WORKS with felt? AND another question on felt..

I saw a pretty candle mat made out of appliqued wool felt. The company I went to prairiejunction.com sells wool felt. Their info sections states: you can wash it first seperately as wool felt bleeds or you can work with it without washing it to get a cleaner flatter finish. Wouldnt it bleed when you needed to wash it then or is that for things like Christmas Ornaments that never get washed? I am new to the concept of applique felt items and it looks like its an easy way to feel good on your project ie tablemat or wall hanging. The felt itself I wanted to make pin cushions with as I think craft felt is not woven tight enough and might tear if its poked enough times with a pin?? HELP. Just trying to diversify my crafting time which I have way too much of. Thanks!!
Old 02-17-2011, 04:56 PM

prairepointjunction.com was the site (wake up Elisabrat)
Old 02-17-2011, 05:12 PM
Power Poster

hahahaha, you crack me up! :D:D
Old 02-17-2011, 05:17 PM

I have always used the Aleene's Tacky glue products with felt.
I made some wool felt this year from a Moda FQ pack. It came out gorgeous and is very nice to hand stitch. I'd love to try a penny rug, one of these days. I like to switch to hand sewing when my back wears out at the machine.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:33 PM

I have bought a pack of the mod a wool for an appliqué project and have one of your questions also, do you wash it first?
Old 05-01-2012, 06:38 AM

I have always bought woolen felt from woolen felt manufacturer. here is the website http://felttube.wordpress.com/
Old 07-06-2012, 02:21 AM

hi I dont think that these glue stuff works on felt and moreover there is no difference in glue and felt glue... www.woolenfelt.co
Old 07-06-2012, 05:28 AM

If you hand wash with frequent rinsing, you wont have color transfer/ bleeding. Just keep rinsing until rinse water is clear. I might also rollup in a towel and squeeze out excess water.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:40 AM

I have felted my own wool. I go to thrift stores and try and go just when they're going to put away the winter stuff they mark it low. I wash it in my washer with hot water and dry the heck out of it. I've never bought wool felt except for little multi colored squares. I have a huge drawer full. I've never had the colors run and it's so relaxing to work with.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:26 AM

I don't know the difference between regular glue and felt glue, but I have good luck with tacky glue. I usually use only a small amount to hold it in place while I machine or hand stitch it down.

I felt my own wool also. I ask friends and family to save wool garments and then wash in HOT water and dry in HOT dryer. If they are going to fade they do it then not after a project is completed. Here are a couple I have done in the last month or so.
Attached Thumbnails wool-penny-rug-jerry-b-7-10-12.jpeg   yellow-coneflowers-penny-rug-6-3-12.jpeg