Twitter

Old 09-22-2013, 11:31 AM

Default Twitter

I know this is one of the new fads going around and everyong is doing this as well as face book these days. But I am torn about doing this as with face book wondering about how safe all of this is. I hear that with face book you can make it private and not let anyone know you are on there. With twitter do you just post
comments or post something you would like to talk about?
Old 09-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Power Poster

I don't do Facebook or Twitter. Anything put on the web can become public.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:42 PM

I just don't post anything personal, DOB, address, etc. I lie thru my teeth when asked for my DOB anywhere. My real friends and family know my particulars. It is fun to keep up with whom is doing what, though, I have 34 nieces and nephews and most of them are on FB.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:12 PM

I lurk on FB, have no reason to use Twitter.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:19 PM

I only follow one person on Twitter and that is my daughter, a newspaper reporter. She uses Twitter to post things that her "followers" might want to know. I just follow her to see where she is and what she is doing for her job. Don't think that she posts anything personal - just about the stories that she is covering.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Power Poster

I follow a few people on twitter and I have been on Facebook for several years. I guess if someone wants access to my info badly enough they will find a way. One thing I don't do is store my passwords on the computer or phone. I never let it "remember" me. To each his or her own I guess
Old 09-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Power Poster

I do emails and forums on quilting. no Facebook, twitter or other out there things. way too many people for me. Dokatamaid, me too on the birthday thing. some places my birth year is 1901 if it let's me!
Old 09-22-2013, 03:22 PM

I don't have time to 'listen' to people who think I need to know every intimate detail of their days, all day, every day. No twittering for me.

Facebook -once a week or so I check it out. I log in and when I'm done, I log out. I am sick to death of being asked to 'Share this if you:

a) I am sick to death of being asked to 'Share this if you:" Love God, Love Jesus, want the word 'God' plastered all over the government, etc.

This is not because I am an atheist. It is because I would spend my entire life "sharing" if I did not ignore them. While I can't say for sure until I meet my Maker, I feel God thinks I have more productive things to do.

b) seeing smut that often passes for conversation (NOT) or humor (NOT),

c) blames Obama for world hunger and everything else (you know what I mean),

d) blames the GOP for world hunger and everything else. (again, you know what I mean)

e) tells me someones "X" is a butt head while they are themselves being a butt head by posting what they are posting.

and so on.

I go to FB to see pictures of my grandsons and granddaughter, to keep in touch with my kids and family.

I have un-friended a few people after I started reading their stream of offensive gibberish. These were people I liked and thought were nice people before they revealed their true selves on FB - now I wouldn't trust them to take care of a paper bag.

Well, I got that off my chest, didn't I?
Old 09-23-2013, 06:11 AM
Power Poster

I do not do Facebook or Twitter.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:56 AM

One of my relatives posted they were going out of town and of course their house was robbed while they were gone.