Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Facebook and Twitter

I'm just curious how many of you are getting into the "Facebook / Twitter" craze. I've just started getting into Facebook, but haven't even attempted Twitter. Is it worth the effort?

Thanks!

Judi

I enjoy Facebook.
    I never got into MySpace nor am I interested in Twitter.
    Kirsten

Blog Entries
    Could you please explain the difference between the 3??? I have only minimally used My Space.

I use facebook, its user friendly

I love Facebook. I mostly play the games. PM me your name and I'll add you to my friends list.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Could you please explain the difference between the 3??? I have only minimally used My Space.
    All 3 are social networking sites, designed to keep in touch with people you know. I have only joined Facebook, so know it best but have seen some of the others so here goes.

MySpace - seems to lean towards people wanting to meet others rather than simply stay in touch with those they already know. More music and videos.

Twitter - stay in touch pretty much constantly; designed for short comments that reflect casual conversation. Watch the explanation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddO9idmax0o

Facebook - social network for staying in touch with people you know, let others know what you are doing and read what they are doing; easy for picture sharing

My Dh is on facebook because my DD#3 signed him up last summer while she was home. He only checks it once a week or so unless he gets special messages. DD#1 & 2 are on as well as our son. Sometimes it's the only way to find out what is going on with them. When our DD#1 and her husband met in London last month while she was on R&R from the Army, it was the only way we saw the pictures of them and their trip. I'm thinking about doing a facebook account too. However I will not be on it near as much as my kids!

I have an account with all three, but never really used MySpace - only signed up to see something a friend had posted.

I use Facebook all the time! I've reconnected with some old friends & frankly, am addicted to some of their games LOL

I do have a Twitter account, but don't check it very often. I am "following" a few people & find it interesting. I just started a Twitter account for my guild & thought I could post about our upcoming speakers & workshops. We'll see what happens.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by b.zang
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    All 3 are social networking sites, designed to keep in touch with people you know. I have only joined Facebook, so know it best but have seen some of the others so here goes.

MySpace - seems to lean towards people wanting to meet others rather than simply stay in touch with those they already know. More music and videos.

Twitter - stay in touch pretty much constantly; designed for short comments that reflect casual conversation. Watch the explanation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddO9idmax0o

Facebook - social network for staying in touch with people you know, let others know what you are doing and read what they are doing; easy for picture sharing

Thank you so much!!! :D :D :D

Blog Entries
    My son calls Facebook a great sucking black hole! And he already spends too much time on his computer according to DDIL!

I am on facebook and myspace but not interested in twitter

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Once I read that you can never permanently leave or delete information from Facebook I decided I didn't need it.

I use facebook. Its cool

add me to your friends if you wish- Lisa Staley
    :)

I'm on Facebook as its a good way of keeping in touch with my family ...both at home and abroad, and I also have quite a few Scrabble and Lexulous games going on! It keeps the old brain cells working! lol!

Karen xx

I use facebook not interested in twitter.

Blog Entries
    I don't use either..I guess I'm a "scaredy cat" when it comes to posting too much stuff on the web (although you wouldn't guess that from my posts on this board, would you?) :roll:

I have Facebook to keep in touch with my DD, but I don't have any desire to do the others. Facebook I don't find very user friendly and I have found some people I would not have otherwise. I guess it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by gaigai
    Once I read that you can never permanently leave or delete information from Facebook I decided I didn't need it.
    I don't have time for any of them, but this is good to know!
    who wants their stuff out there, permanently? :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    I don't use either..I guess I'm a "scaredy cat" when it comes to posting too much stuff on the web (although you wouldn't guess that from my posts on this board, would you?) :roll:
    I'm with you, Patti! I don't think we put stuff on this board that is too 'out there.' Pays to be careful. I was in a group once, and came across some pretty weird tricks and characters :shock:

BY THE WAY...SOMEBODY NAMED GLORIA O. SENT ME AN INVITE TO THEIR FACEBOOK A FEW DAYS AGO...DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHO THAT IS...AND THANKS, BUT I DONT HAVE TIME....IF IT IS SOMEONE ON THIS BOARD, WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW. THANKS.

I am on Facebook.

I'm on facebook, don't use it much, but great way to keep up with far off friends and family! Have a new grandbaby on the way, and can see the latest ultrasound pics!

also some of my quilting friends, so that is nice!!!

I'm on Facebook and prefer it to Myspace actually. My kids are on both but we communicate on Facebook the most and we also have relatives in other states on there as well that we get to stay in contact with.

You can set your account to Private and only those that you let in can see what is there. It doesnt have to be "wide open" to everyone if you don't want it to be.

We have a blast with the Farm game.......lol!

Banned
    is twitter the same as blogging? :?:

I also have an account on all 3, but am on Facebook 24/7! Feel free to "friend" me---Jen Hulett

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast