Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UFO's don't always relate to quilting...

UFO's don't always relate to quilting...

Well, I had a Kohls bag sitting on my sewing table for over a year! Two pair of corduroy pants and a sweat pant that needed hemming. I decided it was time that I tackled them so that I could get them out of my sewing room and into my closet. Hemming is not difficult and it really does not take that long to do since I do it on my sewing machine. I even bought a Coverstitch machine last year for hemming sweats.. It was time to get this done. Boy! I feel so much better now that my task is complete! Silly me.

Now I am tackling a baby quilt that just needed stitch in the ditch quilting. It was in one of my totes for 2 years! Almost done with that! Good grief.

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Power Poster
    I hate mending and try to keep it done up. It seems if one piece of mending shows up if you don't do it right away the pile grows much like my scrap bin.

Blog Entries
    Consider yourself lucky the pants still fit! HeHeHe

(Actually, I have a pair of pants that have been waiting to be hemmed since October, yesterday I tried them on to see if they still fit, and they did, so then put them back in the bag to do later, it hasn't been a year yet!!!)
    fatquarters

Blog Entries
    Good for you!!!!!

Oh, did I say that they "fit"? LOL! well, they reminded me that winter has not been kind to my figure. But they fit, albiet a little tighter than I would have wanted. Corduroy with stretch is a good thing!

Sandy
    Sandygirl

At least they are for yourself......everyone around here is a close relative of mine, and it seems like I'm the designated hemmer, hole-patcher, all-around sewist for our little family. Of course, they're all elderly aunts and uncles so I don't mind, but I just love that saying someone has as a tagline.....(I'm paraphrasing, along the lines of) "Asking a quilter to hem pants is like asking Leonardo Da Vinci to paint your garage!"
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs

Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. ~ Allophones Karr

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieJJ View Post
    At least they are for yourself......everyone around here is a close relative of mine, and it seems like I'm the designated hemmer, hole-patcher, all-around sewist for our little family. Of course, they're all elderly aunts and uncles so I don't mind, but I just love that saying someone has as a tagline.....(I'm paraphrasing, along the lines of) "Asking a quilter to hem pants is like asking Leonardo Da Vinci to paint your garage!"
    I love your analogy! True too! I also put off sewing a button on my DH pants. Doesnt take long....still hate it. Whew!

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Never mind, I've got on that I started in 1982...

My DH wrote a "mock" work order to get me to hem a pair of pants! He says it's the only way I will get them done.

Blog Entries
    I can get to hemming pants pretty quick -seeing as how I'm short. I hate sewing on buttons. I always look like a small massacre has happened.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast