Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9
Results 81 to 90 of 90

Thread: Vacuum cleaner advice

  1. #81
    Senior Member Pat M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NM
    Posts
    505
    My daughter bought a Dyson and in the first day she got rid of more dog hair than the old Sears vacuum had ever picked up in the 5 years she had the Sears one. When my machine died I got the Dyson vacuum for pet hair and the same thing happened to me. COULD NOT believe the hair it pulled out of the carpet!!!

  2. #82
    Super Member IBQUILTIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Fork Ca
    Posts
    6,886
    BTW Did you know they sell Dyson at Big Lots now?

  3. #83
    Super Member Stitchnripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    6,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat M.
    My daughter bought a Dyson and in the first day she got rid of more dog hair than the old Sears vacuum had ever picked up in the 5 years she had the Sears one. When my machine died I got the Dyson vacuum for pet hair and the same thing happened to me. COULD NOT believe the hair it pulled out of the carpet!!!
    That's just what happened with us! But it was a sharp if I remember correctly. And those bags weren't cheap and we went through them very fast.

  4. #84
    Senior Member patsyo56721's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bloomingdale, GA
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by nance-ell
    We were cleaning house before going on vacation the week before Easter. I think my house is always cleanest right before we leave town because I can't stand coming home to a messy house! LOL. Our vacuum cleaner died just as DH was finishing up the upstairs. So, we're in the market for a vacuum. We've been home a week and NEED to vacuum!!!!! So, just wondering what advice you all might have. We have 2 dogs (one shedder, one non-shedder). We have heard great things about the Dyson model for pets, but I really hate to spring $500-600 for one vacuum cleaner! We've also seen good reviews on LG and it's not quite as pricey. But, if anyone has had great experience with a good machine, I'd like to hear about it before I head to the store.

    Thanks!
    We just bought the Shark Lift Away. Love it.

  5. #85
    Senior Member patsyo56721's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bloomingdale, GA
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by nance-ell
    We were cleaning house before going on vacation the week before Easter. I think my house is always cleanest right before we leave town because I can't stand coming home to a messy house! LOL. Our vacuum cleaner died just as DH was finishing up the upstairs. So, we're in the market for a vacuum. We've been home a week and NEED to vacuum!!!!! So, just wondering what advice you all might have. We have 2 dogs (one shedder, one non-shedder). We have heard great things about the Dyson model for pets, but I really hate to spring $500-600 for one vacuum cleaner! We've also seen good reviews on LG and it's not quite as pricey. But, if anyone has had great experience with a good machine, I'd like to hear about it before I head to the store.

    Thanks!
    I forgot to say on my reply that it was only $159 at Walmart.

  6. #86
    Super Member AngieS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    3,260
    We have a rainbow and love it. We had it for 15 years. We had the motor rebuilt once.

  7. #87
    Senior Member ellenmg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    385
    Blog Entries
    2
    Dyson....Parents sold Kridy, good machine....Dyson is better....It is amazing how much dirt it picks up.

  8. #88
    Senior Member drgranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    slaton, texas
    Posts
    731
    Blog Entries
    1
    I go to the used vaccum stores and buy overhauled Hoovers. I've had 3 or 4 and they have all worked for 5-7 years for a reasonable price, if you don't want to spring for a bunch of $$$$. We bought the Animal and had it about 2 years and it went kaput! Also since it has a heppa filter you can't use carpet powder cause it stops up the filter.

  9. #89
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    I have the Hoover Windtunnel and it does a really great job of taking care of the cat hair. Been using it for 4 years. The only problem I have with it is that it will NOT vacuum the floor for me --- it insists I have to USE it!
    Mine is about 14 years old and it's going strong. I did have to replace the brush recently but it purrs like one of the kittens it cleans up after.

  10. #90
    Senior Member Gigi07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    680
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    I have the Hoover Windtunnel and it does a really great job of taking care of the cat hair. Been using it for 4 years. The only problem I have with it is that it will NOT vacuum the floor for me --- it insists I have to USE it!
    I also have the Hoover Windtunnel and LOVE it.. I have inside dogs. It gets all the hair with no problems..

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.