Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Vacuum Cleaners????

I have a little Red Dirt Devil Canister and I love it!
    Syl

I have a Dyson. A little pricey but I love it. A push of a button and the rotating brush stops. It has an on board wand that is so easy to use. No connecting and disconnecting. My Oreck can't compare. What I really like about it is: no more bags. It has a see through canister that is easily removed and emptied.
    Hand quilting preserves my sanity.

I love my Dyson, but you still need to remove threads (and cat hair!) from the brush occasionally.

Save Your Vacuums!!! Go to Target, Shopko or probably even Walmart and go to the cleaning supply department or laundry department. Buy an Evercare MEGA cleaning roller! it is about 12" wide, has an adjustable handle and is just like a sticky lint roller for your floor. You'll be surprised how little you will have to vacuum!!! I love mine and have used it for years!

Quote Originally Posted by JuneCleaver View Post
    Save Your Vacuums!!! Go to Target, Shopko or probably even Walmart and go to the cleaning supply department or laundry department. Buy an Evercare MEGA cleaning roller! it is about 12" wide, has an adjustable handle and is just like a sticky lint roller for your floor. You'll be surprised how little you will have to vacuum!!! I love mine and have used it for years!
    Sounds wonderful! Will have to try this with the toilet brush...lol.
    Linda

You might look into PowerSmith, It's lightly featured and it's best for ash cleaning. Read a review on it here. But , if you need to clean a lot and suck up water and hard materials then look for something else..

Quote Originally Posted by pinecone View Post
    Take a new toilet cleaning brush and sweep around the floor to gather the threads first. It works on my carpeting just fine.

piney
    I love the idea of using a toilet brush! I only have an area rug under my sewing table. I have hardwood that i sweep. I need to charge up my small vac for use in the sewing room

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

I like the cheap stick vacs. Mine was less than $9. But I dont have carpet in my sewing room.

Blog Entries
    I still have the old fashioned push manual carpet sweeper. It works great to get the surface hair, threads, lint from my area rugs between vacuuming. I don't have carpet but still have to have a vacuum for the big area rugs. I use a dust mop and stick vac for the floors inbetween cleanings.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    I also use a toilet brush - my 3 yr old grandson loves using it for me!
    Quilting in the Desert

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3