Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Valentines Day presents from your other half.

Anyone getting anything special?

I told my hubby, that all I wanted was for him to be nice to me.
    Not that he isn't normally nice to me, just you know .... like in the beginning nice.

He has been an angel for the last few days! He has spoiled me rotten .... can I help with that?, can I get you anything?, are you warm enough? want me to rub your feet? These cupcakes are wonderful, this sandwich is delicious. dinner was the best!

It's been really nice, (sometimes almost too much), but it sure beats arguing!

Quote Originally Posted by maggie2122

Not that he isn't normally nice to me, just you know .... like in the beginning nice.

He has been an angel for the last few days! He has spoiled me rotten .... can I help with that?, can I get you anything?, are you warm enough? want me to rub your feet? These cupcakes are wonderful, this sandwich is delicious. dinner was the best!

I got this ....
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-99157-1.htm

and the new machine sitting on the new sewing table that was my closet.
    We usually don't do anything fancy on V-day because we celebrate two anniversaries in March.

Except when DH was overseas, in which case I got flowers sent by FTD thru the local florist, I always have to wait til the 15th which is payday to get anything, which usually turns out to be whatever Valentine candy is on clearance. It's gotten to be sort of a family joke to see which box it will be this year. For awhile I kept the boxes and had 3 years in a row that it was the same one!

Banned
    My DH brought me home two big bouquets of flowers on Thursday evening for Valentine's day - one was a mix of cut flowers and the other was a dozen long stem red roses. He likes to have the roses arranged with the mixed flowers. Last year he had 3 dozens long stem red roses sent to me because he was working on the east coast for 5 weeks. I like having him home this year better.

Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter

I got taken out for supper tonight. It was nice. We both have to work on Valentines day, so we celebrated early. :)

Maggie, that sounds like an awesome gift.

Mine's away on post. I got my presents Thursday via USPS. I'd rather he not spend money when he's not earning combat pay... Still, I'm happy to get it.

A food chopper I have been wanting for ages. I can't chew very well and this relieves a lot of pain.

A South Park gift set (mainly for the MANBEARPIG poster for my studio and the Towelie because I wear glasses).

30+ small Valentine's Day cards with different messages in them.

He was going to get my dream camera but a new version comes out in March. Hopefully, I talked him out of it but the thought of it is lovely!

I got him the same chocolate I got him during his last warm up for deployment and a really ugly pair of pants as a joke.

Anyone else buy for their sweetie?

I am happy for all you and YOUR Valentines Day ...not all of us as fortunate...I guess I will enjoy spoiling myself as I do every year...(Oh that Dark Chocolate is the GREATEST)..for people divorced as I am speaking for myself..this day can be as lonely as holidays etc. I do reach out to others I know are alone to make myself feel good but some people can not do this....cheer someone else up less fortunate..send a card, take an elderly person a rose, take a person to lunch...share Valentines Day with someone who does not have another peron to share it with!

Quote Originally Posted by maggie2122

Hilarious! Enjoy while it lasts, heehee. My DH is like that at times as well. He is getting awnry in his old age. Hope you have a great valentines day.

My birthday is right with Valentines day so no sepperate valentines gifts in general. Birthday is almos there so I'll find out soon. Did get some roses for birthday/Valentines day. That was very sweet.

When I started dating hubby many years ago he said "I dont do valentines day, it is a Hallmark Holiday", so 29 years later that is the running joke in our house. So we normally dont exchange gifts.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast